Scan Setup

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by BobWC, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobWC

BobWC Registered Member

When I go to the Setup Menu and On-Demand computer scanning, I select a profile, ie In-depth scan, and then from the "Scan target: Setup" item I get a "Select scan targets" window from which I can select drives, folders, files.

I have been unable to make any changes that I make to this "By profile settings" to stay. For instance, I currently don't see the Windows folder checked, so I check that and then hit OK. When I return to see if it is checked, it is not?

I tried resetting to default all and then re-set folders for scanning. Once done, I hit OK, and then return and it is like it was before the default? :argh:

I have tried from Custom Scan and scan items, but same thing goes on.

What am I doing wrong in order to setup the folders I want to have scanned?

BWC

2. BobWC

BobWC Registered Member

Uninstalled NOD32 build 650. Cleaned registry.
    Installed NOD, and tried to set folders.

Same issue! :eek:

I go to Setup, on-demand computer scan and Setup and select folders and OK, come back and they are not the same.

This works ok for everyone else?

BWC

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It works for me fine. If I select certain folders and then switch to another profile, I'm prompted to save the change in the profile. When I select the initial profile again, the targets I previously selected are ticked.

4. BobWC

BobWC Registered Member

You say Save....

The only place I get a Save is when I go to "Custom Scan" and then the folder tree pops up and I set My Profile and select the folders, and Save.

When I then go to In-depth, and select folders, Save, and then go back to My Profile, the folders that I had selected and Saved have changed! :doubt:

Not sure what else to do, but some problem in the configuration is not being removed when uninstalled. I even cleaned the registry and made sure all ESET/NOD type folders where deleted.

Also, when I select via Custom Scan, the new folders I notice that "Scan targets" "By profile settings" goes blank, and when I save it returns with the folders still checked off that I selected. Go then to In-depth scan and back to My profile and the folders and right back before I saved. ugh

5. BobWC

BobWC Registered Member

Update:

When I save a top folder and save it does save and when I return it is the same. BUT when I unselect a subfolder within a top folder that is when I do NOT get a save as selected.

Is that correct, you cannot unselect subfolders?

Someone try that....go to a main(top folder) and select then unselect a subfolder of that and save. See if it comes back the same?

Thanks,

EDIT: Actually, it works for a subfolder, but in my case it is a top, sub, sub, sub folder in Program Files. That will not work. Seems to work for higher level folders however.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  6. Marcos

It works for me fine. Even if I unselect an arbitrary subfolder and save the profile, it remains unselected everytime I switch to that profile. Note that the in-depth profile cannot be altered due to its purpose which is performing an analysis of all files and folders with maximum settings.

7. BobWC

BobWC Registered Member

Try this:

In Program Files, Common Files unselect a sub folder of Common Files.
    Make sure the Windows folder is selected. OK
    Now go back and look at this and see if Windows is still selected?

Mine won't keep Windows. The sub of Common Files remains unchecked but Windows is also unchecked after having checked it.

Thanks for trying this...... :oops:

EDIT:

1. My Profile
    2. Setup scan
    3. Unselect all folders
    4. Select Program Files AND Windows folders
    5. In Program Files>Common Files>unselect one folder
    6. OK
    7. Return to find Windows NOT selected.

Give it a try

Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  8. Marcos

Strange, it works for me and one of the "Program files" subfolders remains unselected if I switch back to that profile.

9. BobWC

BobWC Registered Member

Did you unselect one of the folders in Common Files under Program Files?
    I also find in addition to the Windows folder not being checked that several Program Files folders have been unselected.

Reported to ESET support with details.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.