scan settings

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by julio99, Jan 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. julio99

julio99 Registered Member

I was just setting my scheduled scan settings in sync with Blackspear's settings from his Antivirus v3 tutorial and I came across a setting that I can't find in mine. I was following his setup on page 5 of the tutorial and there is this part where you can "bring the scan to the foreground". I'd sure like to know where that setting comes from if anyone knows. I'm running Vista with ESET NOD32 Anti virus v3.0.684. I find that odd that I'm unable to bring that scan up where I can view it like his screenshots. Very simple tutorial to follow,up to that point anyway.

2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello julio99,

If you are running a scan you can click Computer Scan on the left to see the progress bar. Then below the scan bar, clicking Show scan with log in a new window will show you the scan progress as well as the scan log. If you have multiple scans running at once or a scan is set to run in the background you can bring up the scan by clicking Bring to foreground next to the running scan.

Thank you,
    Richard

3. julio99

When I run a scheduled scan there's no way I can view the progress bar and all that. The only thing that shows on a scheduled scan for me is what percent is done and number of infiltrations. Now when I clicked Standard Scan while the scheduled one was running the progress bar and bring to foreground and view scan in another window all came up like you said , but another scan started too. That wasn't my intention to have 2 scans running. I just wanted to be able to view the scheduled scan that I was running. Is that possible.

4. rugmankc

rugmankc Registered Member

Try these: Bring to foreground in first picture should be highlighted, click on it and highlight on second picture.

Capture 500.JPG

Capture 600.JPG

Ken

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  5. Rmuffler

Next to the running scheduled scan click Bring to foreground.

scheduled scan.jpg

Thank you,
    Richard

6. julio99

When I run a custom or standard scan my screen looks just like that, no problem. The problem is when it's a scheduled scan, let's say at 10:00pm and I open the ESET window and there's my scan running, but the only screen I get then is the same as the last window of your post minus the "Bring to Foreground",I just can't get that to come up on a scheduled scan. All I get is:Running-__% Number of Infiltrations:__ NO "Bring to Foreground".

7. Rmuffler

The problem may be a corrupt install. That is a default feature that should be there. Try uninstalling and then reinstalling. Also, install the latest version if you do not have it.

Thank you,
    Richard

8. julio99

I thought so. One more go at it tonight with a scheduled scan at 11:00PM,EST. Right now I'm using the latest build 3.048, but I originally bought the build before that one which I still have the disk of. Which one should I use?

9. Rmuffler

The latest is 684.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.