Scan Oddity

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by JeremyWW, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeremyWW

JeremyWW Registered Member

Don't know when this happened, but over the last few days (after some update I guess), the In-Depth scan (AV V3.0) is scanning less files than it did! The scan takes half the time it did - for the wrong reasons it would seem. My System Restore area is not being scanned at all now for example, and many, many other files on my 2 drives. What's happened - Marcos, anyone from Eset...?? And no, I haven't changed any default settings for the In Depth scan...

2. JeremyWW

Oh dear...and now 'Eset Service' crashed...horribly. Had to kill the egui process off. This doesn't look too clever guys...

3. JeremyWW

OK, thanks for the heads up....

4. JeremyWW

I just uninstalled, cleaned out, and reinstalled (new download). Same results on an 'In-Depth' scan. Scan ends prematurely on the second hard drive, missing hundreds of files, and Sys Restore completely. No crash this time, but not good...

5. JeremyWW

Can anyone add anything to this? Or reproduce it? Basically now (as of a few days ago), NOD32 V3.0 refuses to scan my System Restore area i.e. D:\System Volume Information\_restore{.......

This is using an In Depth scan, as I always have, with ALL the default settings. Other AV's including spyware scanners such as AdAware and SUPERAntiSpyware all scan this area of the drive.

Thanks.

P.S I wasn't convinced this was the same issue as krokodil's post above...

6. JeremyWW

Well, at the moment I only have an issue with NOD32 not scanning the System Volume / Restore area. Although I had the one crash, I never had the error as in your 2nd image. What is odd though, and has pi**ed me off a little, is that Beta Support (or any Eset representative here) have not replied to me at all!!

7. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Hi.

I agree whit Jeremyww the Eset people or eset moderators are a bit wierd sometimes they say that we should post : Bugs, problems, etc. Here at the forum.

And if you do post about anything then you want an reply/explanation about your post/problems that's obvious.

Shape up ESET Moderators that's why you are here for, to answer and read about our problems!!!!!

"Take this as a FEEDBACK post"

Last edited: Oct 25, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.