scan messages as it arrives

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by ciscodisco, Jun 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ciscodisco

ciscodisco Registered Member

Scan message as it arrives

Hello. I am using ESET 6 with Outlook 2013 and recently while checking the email security I released that ESET will not detect the threats until I click the scan messages button.

I assume there is an option to enable automatic scanning as they arrive? Also is there an option to clock or warn when an email contains a certain attachment type like PDF etc.

Thank You

2. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

EDIT 6-11-13 .... I posted a Thread (removed) about this issue after Googling BUT not noticing its older age. Sorry.
    This V6/Outlook '13 issue was Fixed in a new Release.

As Marcos states below..... See Advanced Setup/Web & Email/Email Client Protection/Email Clients (Email to Scan: "Received Email") and Email client integration to be sure something is NOT Chk'd as it should be.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You are referring to an old thread. The latest service build 6.0.314/316 released a long time ago added full support for MS Outlook 2013.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Make sure that you have scanning of received email enabled in the Email client protection setup (should be enabled by default).

5. ciscodisco

ciscodisco Registered Member

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.