SBS 2003 P2V fails with 0x0000007b BSOD

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by greggmh123, Mar 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greggmh123

greggmh123 Registered Member

I have tried to use the HDM 2010 Virtual Server program to create a P2V from SBS 2003. I tried it both directly from the SBS 2003 server, and from an archive of the SBS. Either way, when I attempt to boot the VM on my Hyper-V server, I get a BSOD with a STOP 0x0000007b error. Even a P2V Adjust fails.

My new server is an HP ML350 G6, two 450GB SAS drives in RAID 1, 18GB memory, running Windows Server 2008 R2 with Hyper-V R2 as the host OS. I have tried to search your support site for “0x0000007b” and cannot find anything. What am I missing?

Gregg

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Indicates a missing or incorrect driver.

3. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Yes, SIW2 is 100% right. The BSOD error code means that there are troubled with HDD controller driver.

First of all, please try to find corresponding drives for Virtual machine and your Windows version. Then create ISO image of WinPE Recovery CD and run P2P Adjust OS feature from it.
    Upload correct driver via P2P Adjust OS wizard and check if Windows boots in Virtual environment.

4. greggmh123

greggmh123 Registered Member

I finally figured out how to import a Paragon-created VM into Hyper-V and have it boot, but the Paragon-created VMs do not have mouse access.

I have done the following to verify that the cause is not OS-related nor caused by the VHD file itself. I have an open support case right now for this problem.

- I deleted all the non-functioning VMs

- I created another P2V Restore from my XP archive.

- I copied the created VHD to a separate folder so that I could create two new VMs.

- I used the Hyper-V Manager to create a new VM by importing the VM and VHD created by the P2V Restore.

- I used the Hyper-V Manager to create its own fresh new VM and pointed it to the copied VHD file that was created by Paragon HDM.

- I booted both VMs and neither had a mouse inside the VM.

- On both VMs, I installed the Hyper-V Integration Services needed to get the mouse and rebooted both systems.

- The Paragon-created VM still failed to give me a mouse.

- The Hyper-V-created VM using the Paragon-created VHD copy DID give me a normal mouse inside the VM.

- Because the step above worked, I copied that VHD to the folder for the Paragon-created VM and pointed the VM to that VHD. It failed to give me a mouse. That tells me it is not the VHD itself, but another thing that prevents the mouse from working in a Paragon-created VM that is imported into Hyper-V Manager.

- I can boot from the recovery ISO and have the mouse in all Hyper-V VMs except the one created by importing the Paragon-created VM. So it has nothing to do with the VHD file.

Why would a fresh Hyper-V-created VM using the Paragon-created VHD work just fine when the Paragon-created-then-imported VM won't work?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.