SB Protection with IE 7

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by puff-m-d, Aug 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello all,

I was trying to figure out whether SB works with IE 7 or not. The reason I ask this question is a compatibility problem with IE-spyad. You can read about this problem HERE. Basically it seems that:
    Also from the above link, there is a workaround so IE-spyad will work with IE 7.

Is it going to help to use IE 7 with SB as does it even work? If it does not work then is a fix coming soon? Also a bit off-topic, but I assume the same will apply to SpyBot's immunization list also.

Thanks in advance for any help on this question.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2006
  2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Thru all the IE 7 Beta's and even with RC1....Spywareblasters Restricted Site entries are properly placed in the appropriate IE registry key and when one goes to one of the sites contained in SB's database....the Restricted Site icon appears in bottom right of IE, that particular domain cookie is blocked(which Restricted Site does by default ) and other security settings(script, activeX....etc) are adhered to.

In fact if a user removed SB's database and manually placed one of SB's entries into IE 7's Restricted Zone....one would have the same result.

As for Spybot's Immunize or IE-Spyad....I would suggest you go to their respective forums for clarification so as not to discuss non Spywareblaster support issues in it's Official Forum Please.

Bubba

3. Thomas Newton

Thomas Newton Registered Member

Sorry to dredge up an old thread but I just wanted to be sure I understood correctly.

So if you ran IE 7 with all the zones (except the Trusted zone of course) security set to "high" for all intents and purposes it'd be the same as using SB?

tia,
    Thomas

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

If you set the Internet Zone to "high"....then the Restricted Zone becomes mute. Also....the Internet Zone at "high" would mean the ActiveX and Cookie protection would be the only parts of SB left and ActiveX protection of SB would no longer be needed because you have the Internet Zone to "high". That then leaves Cookie protection which can be controlled adequately within IE's privacy section.

Having said that....all that is well and good if one always keeps the Internet Zone on "high". The overhead for the SB ActiveX protection is nill so that layer of protection is a no brainer in my way of thinking and suggest you keep that as a layer of protection.

Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.