Saved by TI

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Davidk, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Davidk

Davidk Registered Member

Current build of TI recoved my system with no problems.

Been having trouble with my Raid 1 system, using 2 Maxtor 250 SATA drives. Things have just been getting worse, chkdsk is really messing things up so I decided to get rid of Raid and just use 2 drives in my system instead. Reformated and re-partitioned then booted with TI and restored from an external firewire drive. The restore took about an hour and everything is back up and running.

The only thing I have trouble with is reformatting and repartitioning my drive. Maxtor has a utility that re-formats but doesn't partition. I had to go part way through a Windows XP install in order to get to the Partition part.

It'd be nice to see TI with a format and partition option.

However, TI worked flawlessly and I'm up and running and happy. Thanks to TI. Davidk

2. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

Just for future reference, it's not necessary to partition or format before booting with the ATI rescue CD. It takes care of all that itself.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Davidk,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are glad to hear Acronis software helped you to solve the problem with your system.

Please note that you do not need to prepare the drive you want to restore to by any means. Furthermore, you will be able to resize the partitions in the way you need. Please see the User's Guide (Chapter 5) for the detailed instructions.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.