SATA True Image 10 (build*4.942)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ralf_ka, Apr 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ralf_ka

ralf_ka Registered Member

Hello there,
    Till 2007 i make Backups with Acronis. The Last backup is 3 Days away, and yesterday my Harddrive Crash. Ok, no problem i was thinking i buy a new one and restore. So i travel to the market and get a new Harddrive. But what happened, i can’t restore from my USB Drive to the new SATA Drive ?? What happened ?? Why i make Backups so long ?? I was booting with the Rescue Media…….
    Regards
    Ralf

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Please list exactly what you were doing, where the process failed and error messages, if any. The more you can describe the failure, the better for diagnosing it.

XP or Vista system?

3. ralf_ka

thx, for the fast replay.
    I use a XP System SP3 with NTFS. Boot with Rescue Media and True Image found only my USB Drive. If i search for more Drives and get the Error no more Drives found. This is not true, the SATA Drive is online and Working (i check this out).
    Regards
    Ralf

4. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

What happened is you probably made the backups from the software installed in your system. But when you boot with the Rescue CD, this CD uses Linux as its OS, not Windows, and it doesn't have the Sata drivers that would enable the CD to detect your Sata drive.

This is why, with any backup software that has a similar Rescue CD type of feature, that it is imperative that you boot with the Rescue CD to make sure it sees all your drives, including the one that has the Backup Images.

At this point now, you have a couple of options. Log in to your Acronis account and ask for a special boot cd iso that will have the correct Sata drivers. Or download the Trial version of the latest build, make the Rescue CD and see if that cd will detect your sata drive.

5. Babbler

Babbler Registered Member

I have similar problems. The Acronic boot CD doesnt see any of my SATA drives on boot. Will try the latest drivers for SATA - but how do I do that for the CD?

6. seekforever

You can download the trial version of TI2009 and make its rescue CD and see if it works. The trial CD will restore archives but it will not create them.

Another possibility for a new drive is that it is not initiallized. Does the TI10 CD have a "add new disk" wizard. If so, go into it and see if it finds the disk. If so, create the C partition.

Even though my method does not get universal acceptance on this forum, I always put a new disk into a PC and partition it with Windows Disk Management first (at least the C partition) then restore the image. This gives me confidence the disk is working properly.

7. schoellm

schoellm Registered Member

I have the same problem in TIHome V9.0 B3694 (latest) with a DELL PC Precision T3400 with 2 SATA Harddisks. But there's no link on the acronis page where I could request a ISO image.

8. seekforever

Apparently the best way is to use Acronis Live Chat.

9. ralf_ka

Thx, for this Help, but it don’t works. He doesn’t find the Drive. After i make a Partion on it and format it with NTFS i get the same Error.

Ok, i ask the Support for a SATA Image. And this Answer must be a joke.
    He says, sorry we don’t Support True Image 10 longer, so it’s your Problem.
    WTF, i buy this Software Original, make Backup 2 Years (for what?) and now i need this think and get this answer. For what i buy this, why i make Backups that i can’t use ??

Now it is better to get a pirate copy, then i have the same Support but a newer Version.
    For me this reason is, I never will get Products from Acronis anymore. :thumbd:
    Regards
    Ralf

10. seekforever

I understand your frustration. Your situation is another reason why it is essential to test the recovery phase of any backup software before you put any faith in it.

You could download the trial version of TI2009 and see if it's rescue CD restores the image. It will restore previously made images but won't create them.

11. fungus

fungus Registered Member

I installed the trial TI-2009, made a CD Rescue Disc, and then used that CD to boot my TI-V10 computer. I can now do restores from my external firewire drive! The 2009 CD boots my SATA based computer.

Try this soon.

Fungus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.