Sata Harddrive incompatibilty?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by geronimo, Nov 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geronimo

geronimo Registered Member

I have two PCs,an older Pentium III with PATA HD, and a new PC with SATA. I've had the occasion to use TI8 and TI9 on both computers. I've restored the P3/Pata twice because of trojans( ^$%& NAV2005!), with no problems. I got one the frequent WinXP blu scrns of death on the new computer, only the last time. I couldn't reboot. I tried a restore TI9 2302, only to discover a corrupted backup. Luckily, I keep critical files/programs on DVD's, so no major problems on a manual format/restore, except 1 1/2 days involved. I'm convinced the combo of SATA HD/WinXP is very unstable.

2. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

My personal experience is that it's the combination of SATA, Windows XP, AND TI 9 that's unstable and there's no good reason for Acronis to leave things that way.

I'm hoping that the next build will resolve the issues enough that TI 9 works right for me again. In the meantime, I'm startin' to get used to the alternative backup method I've been using.:eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.