Sata drive TI 7 build 638

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Glenn, Mar 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glenn

Glenn Registered Member

Hi all,

I have a computer with a single drive that I have created an image of on a network drive. I would like to confirm that I can restore this image from a boot disc but when I boot from the boot disc it tells me that it cannot find a disk drive.

This doesn't exactly surprise me since even Windows XP couldn't see my drive until I loaded sata drivers from a floppy. Is it possible to support my sata drive under my version of TrueImage from a boot cd? I have seen many many posts regarding sata drives but most of them seem to be regarding TI 8 or Raids.

It appears that the controller is an Intel 8280 1FR SATA AHCI.

Thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Glenn,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We regret to inform you that Acronis True Image 7.0 doesn't support your SATA controller since it is rather obsolete version. However new Acronis True Image 8.0 does support this controller and should allow you to restore the image. You may download free trial version from http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/download/trueimage/, create Acronis Bootable CD and make sure it will recognize your drive correctly.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. Roberto Iosupescu

Roberto Iosupescu Registered Member

I have a HDD WD800JD (IDE) on a ITE8211 controler - (IT8211 ATA/ATAPI controller for Windows XP - Integrated Technology Express) (motherboard Asus P5LD2 Deluxe) that apear as SCSI.
    The problem in that at restore, the HDD is not visible (not even with version 9 of True Image).
    Is any soution?
    Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.