SATA Drive not powering on

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by annemail7, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. annemail7

annemail7 Registered Member

I've never worked with SATA before but I recently purchased my first SATA drive. I was hoping to partition it and put all my files on there, such as music documents and what not. My IDE hard drive I was planning to use solely for various Operating Systems. I finally got OS Selector to work, so I can have multiple operating systems, but I haven't gotten the SATA drive to work yet I was hoping somebody with a little more experience may be able to help me.

I've installed the drivers for the SATA controller but everytime I plug the drive in it doesn't want to power up. Doesn't even start to spin up. Am I doing something wrong, that it's not powering up. Or do I have a defective drive?

2. annemail7

annemail7 Registered Member

The drive was indeed dead. I've returned it now, but when I buy another one, will I have a problem getting Acronis to work with SATA. Is there driver I must install to the bootwiz folder?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.