SAS-Drives supported?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by neptun, Jul 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neptun

neptun Registered Member

I want to buy a new Server with SAS-Drives.
    Are SAS-Drives supported by Acronis True Image 9.1 Server für Windows?
    Works SAS also with the Boot-CD?

Thanks in advance.

Reinhard

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello neptun,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

I am sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that we do not expect any problems with using SAS hard drive in Acronis True Image. Should you experience a problem with your hard drive when accessing from rescue mode, please provide us with the exact vendor and model of the hard drive you use and Acronis Support Team will help you solve the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. HolgerDanske

HolgerDanske Registered Member

When i try to boot one of my IBM Blades (HS21, model 8870-11X with 36Gb SAS drives) from the True Image Server rescue CD-ROM the program freezes. Doesent the program support SAS harddrives??
    I have tried the same CD-ROM on an IBM x3200 with SAS drives and the same thing happens on that machine.

What can i do to get this to work. I really need to get an image of my IBM blade

4. joco_ph

joco_ph Registered Member

updates on this please. thanks.

5. paulimmoos

paulimmoos Registered Member

Just a bump, as I am having the same problem with the new version of True Image Windows Server. I boot with the rescue media, and want to perform or restore a backup and no hard drives are found. This is on brand new Dell PowerEdge 2950's.

edit: nvm burnt the media from the server itself and all is fine so far.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2008
  6. AYuen

AYuen Registered Member

I got the same problem. Any updateo_O

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello AYuen,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corporate Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build (8039) of the respective version of Acronis True Image Echo. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

If that doesn't solve the problem, please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report, Windows system information and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Please keep the drive in question connected and powered on during the creation process.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.