Sandboxing/HIPS

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by btman, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: If someone can not choose one among three(yes, three) options, or instead,make a mistake there, I think this person is either too low(in IQ) or too high(on Es---). Nothing will fall in between. Too many options will often confuse users and lead their heads spinning and spinning. Simplicity is often a nice flavour that can be added to a yet-to-be-excellent application. If DW can be modified to the reach of average joe/idoit, I shall be wiiling to fork over my hard-earned loonies. Until then, let us not to make any mistakes. :-*

2. Rmus

Rmus Exploit Analyst

This is true.

One minor correction: Deep Freeze is not a snapshot program, such as Returnil and a few others. I clarified that with DF support a while back, and they replied that DF uses a low level driver - you can see it running as a process.

DF does not prevent anything from installing - it just restores to previous good state on reboot. Hence, you don't work the same way you would with Sandboxing programs.

Your own ways of working should determine which type of program you need.

As far as making mistakes - the only "mistake" anyone can make is inadvertantly allowing something to install that you trust.

This applies to *any situation and *any program: at some point, you have to make a decision to disable your security to install something.

regards,

-rich

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Amen. I don't know who said it but "To err is human, but to really screw up you need a computer"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.