Sandboxie vs. SpyShelter Restriction...

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by sweater, Apr 5, 2014.

1. shmu26

shmu26 Registered Member

I think that the average user runs browser in sandboxie, and most everything else regular, so SpS protects the rest of your system.

2. @shmu26

Since the topic is SBIE vs SS restriction, I assumed it was related to the SS "sandbox" (not the HIPS or the FW), so I answered in this context. SS with Firewall adds other functionality which is useful when combined with SBIE.

The protection of SS for the rest of the system is limited when you put SS in medium or high auto allow mode. When a word document would contain malicious code (through VB Macro or flash content), Spyshelter would simply auto allow the action. To get a pop-up when faced with poisoned content of trusted vendors (e.g. Google Chrome and Microsoft Office), you would need to set the security to ask user and add Microsoft Windows and hardware drivers to the trusted vendors.

BTW: I would not call someone using both SBIE and SS an average user, but that is my personal interpretation so needless to discuss.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2016
  3. shmu26

shmu26 Registered Member

this is what Daniel Brom over at SpyShelter answered me:
    Some users reported that keystroke encryption needs to be set to better compatibility mode in order to make them work together. You can do it in Keystroke Encryption > Advanced tab.

4. shmu26

shmu26 Registered Member

points well taken. I wandered off the immediate topic a little...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.