Sandboxie sbiedll.dll problem

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Arcanez, Feb 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arcanez

Arcanez Registered Member

hey,

when I want to copy files from my browser sandbox to my install sandbox (without drop rights obviously) Appguard blocks sbiedll.dll which is located in the sandboxie installation directory. I tried putting the whole directory onto the exclusion list but still the .dll is blocked by appguard as soon as I rightclick in my install sandbox to paste the executable that i want to install sandboxed. I also get an applicaton error message from rundll32.exe (0xc0000022). When you get that error the sandbox folder (install sandbox) freezes for a short time...

Also I can't put that sbiedll.dll on the guard list as it is not an application.

Running Appguard on high, put the required files onto the memory guard exception list, sandboxed applications are on the guarded list with "privacy" turned to "no", sandbox folder on the folder exception list as well as the whole sandboxie installation directory...

Nobody ever tried moving things from sandbox to sandbox while appguard is running on High in the background?? I guess you will see it for yourselves then.

Cheers and I appreciate your help!

2. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Arcanex,
    This sounds like more of an appguard issue than sandboxie. It think if you asked a mod to move it to the current appguard thread over in other malware, it would get more exposure. Also the appguard rep could help as well.

3. Arcanez

Arcanez Registered Member

jfyi: adding the sandboxie installation folder to system space (add to user space folder and set it to "no" in the column tab) solved the problem for me...the .dll is now allowed and I can copy paste files and folders from sandbox to another sandbox. (installed sandboxie to my D drive which is treated as user space by AppGuard)

If your installation directory of sandboxie is in C:/program files I guess you won't have to do that cause AppGuard treats the programs folder on the system partition as save and allows unguarded launch of all apps from there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.