Sandboxie questions

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Ashanta, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashanta

Ashanta Registered Member

Hello,

I read the FAQ from www.sandboxie.com, and I still have some questions.

I hope that the following questions were not already answered. In this case, I'm very sorry.

Here you are:

1. When deleting contents of the relevant sandbox, do we can recover it ?
    My real question, is when deleting contents, if all contents are erase from our computer, or do we need an eraser programs, to delete all privacy tracks and contents.

2. Can we use Sandboxie to install programs they required a computer reboot ?

3. I'd like to understand if Sandboxie is or not more secure than alternative programs like Defense Wall, Malware Defender, Gesswall. I supposed it's a non-sense to install, for example, SB and DF.

2. Ashanta

Ashanta Registered Member

Don't forget me :doubt:

3. mike21

mike21 Registered Member

1) I don't think it is possible to recover, but I am not sure as I haven't try to recover deleted sandbox with any file recovery program, you can try it yourself though :D

2) No, you will need another application for this, like shadowuser for example, which is excellent and really underestimated - trust me on this. There are some others also, keeping the "C:" freeze after reboot.

3) Malware defender is not alternative to Sandboxie, it is considered as additional security program. I use Sandboxie, Malware Defender and FD-ISR. Defensewall and Geswall are alternatives to Sandboxie.
    If you mean that you supposedly download a malware and this is seated in the sandbox.
    Then suppose it can brake sandboxie's sandbox but will still remain "sandboxed" in Defensewall, well I don't think this is the case, I think that they offer kind of similar protection, always depending on updates however, because of new malware.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.