Sandboxie Question

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by curious george, Jul 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. curious george

curious george Registered Member

Is there a way to force start registry keys, or somehow use sandboxie to prevent changes made to certain registry keys?

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

You force start a program. What would be acomplished force starting a registry key. By it self it's nothing.

Sandboxie prevents all changes to the real system.

3. Doodler

Doodler Registered Member

Sorry for going slightly off-topic and not to sound nit-picky, but I wonder if a more accurate response is to say "Sandboxie prevents all changes to the real system, but may not prevent one's computer from recording which programs were executed or what they did." I'm a consistent user of Sandboxie and a big fan of that program. However, when I first started using it I was a little surprised to notice some changes, including to the registry, were occurring. My assumption back then as a new user of SBIE was that absolutely no changes would take place when running a sandboxed application (such as testing out software).

Over time, I learned that the changes I was observing were generated by Windows as explained here. http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?PrivacyConcerns

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

You are correct, but my answer to the original question still stands, I think.

5. Keyboard_Commando

Keyboard_Commando Registered Member

1) Sandboxie control - Resource Access - Registry Access - Blocked Access - Edit/Add (reg keys)

2) Sandboxie control - Resource Access - Registry Access - Read-Only Access - add C:\

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.