sandboxie help.

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by iceni60, May 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i just want to make sure i understand how sandboxie works, i'm using it for the first time. i'll probably listen to that gibson podcast about it. is this correct - any changes that are ever made when an app is started with sandboxie will be lost when the program is closed. i am running firefox inside sandboxie now. can i download stuff and keep it? or is that not possible? thanks

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

If you download a file, and save to say the desktop, when you exit the browser you won't see it. But by right clicking on the systray icon, you can delete the contents of the sandbox. The first thing it will do is give you the option to recover any files you downloaded. Of course you need to be sure it's safe. If your not sure you can run it in the sandbox and see what it does.

I would suggest rather then the gibson podcast, explore the sandboxie website and forum. You can learn a lot. It is a great program, and a freebie. Although for $25 registration, you can unlock a couple of extra features and use it on as many machines as you like.

Pete

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

great, thanks. i just recovered a file to my desktop. i really like it so far. this is the only computer i have that has windows atm so i'm just going to keep this version for now. thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.