Sandboxie and WOT

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by TheKid7, Sep 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I always use Sandboxie and want to give WOT (Web Of Trust) a try. Please answer the following questions.

1. Does WOT work with Sandboxie?

2. Does WOT need to be outside of the Sandbox to update itself?

3. If WOT needs to be outside of the Sandbox to update, do you need to change configuration(s) in Sandboxie. If yes, which configuration(s) and which settings.

Thank you.

2. Kyle1420

Kyle1420 Registered Member

If your going to surf the internet sandbox, why do you need WOT? It's going to be emptied out at the end of the session anyway.

3. Doodler

Doodler Registered Member

@TheKid7,

I've been familiarizing myself with WOT in one of my "test" sandboxes. Seems to work fine. There are some potential nuances (unrelated to Sandboxie) to be aware of as posted in this Sandboxie thread: http://sandboxie.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=3959
    I'm still undecided whether I'll keep WOT or not. To Kyle1420's point, Sanboxie is sufficient in protecting our systems. But at the same time, it's nice knowing beforehand whether or not a website has been identified as safe.

Your #2 and #3 questions are good ones; I'm not sure of the answers yet.

4. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

If WOT doesnt use many CPU why not use it also if the browser is Sandboxed. It doesnt hurt imo.

5. jrmhng

jrmhng Registered Member

I use it and have my sandboxie configured to allow firefox to directly access its profile folder. Not having any problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.