Sandboxie and SSM

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by n8chavez, May 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

There seems to be some sort of compatability issue between SBIE and SSM; programs that are lauched as sandboxed take about ten minutes to load, if they ever do. I've tried installing SSM five times, each with the same result. I think I've been able to issolate the problem. SSM's registry rules appear to be causing the compatablity problems. If I turn them off everything works are they are supposed to. The problems is that have no idea how to fix the situation. Even though I have enabled logging, nothing shows up on the log. Would anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this so I can use the registry rules?

Attached Files:

• SSM1.png
      SSM1.png
      File size:
      57.2 KB
      Views:
  2. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Hello n8chavez

Hopefully someone with SSM experience will chime in with a solution for you, but i posted to mention the screenshot you made, is that very new setting SSM added some versions ago that completely turned me around to another HIPS. For me it was just too confusing to have to go over each and every icon item and hope it was right. The instructions didn't offer much in the way of simplicity either, but the point i'm making is just when users finally got SSM settings secured in their mind and practice, this came into view and that was it for me.

SSM is a quality HIPS no doubt, but making such GUI/Settings changes was over the mark for some, including me.

I do hope that you find the answer needed and it works to your satisfaction though

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Sandboxie and SSM are fine here. My screen looks exactly like what you show above. Assuming your system is clean turn on learning mode and let it set the rules for you. Do what you need with learning mode on, and then turn it off.

Pete

4. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

If it looks exactly like your configuration then I wouldn't expect to to have any errors. The screenshot has registry rules disabled.

That doesn't seem to be working in my case. I've enabled learning mode and I still am having problems. Also, there are no log entries that can help me either; just network module notifications.

I led all rules then enabled each one individually, testing my browser between each rule, and it is definitely the registry rules that are causing the issue.

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

ROFL. My bad, I never noticed that. On mine the rules are enabled. Note when I install/reinstall SSM, I always just turn on learning mode, and let it do it's thing. Not sure what to suggest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.