Sandboxie and Anti Executable

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by jrmhng, Jun 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrmhng

jrmhng Registered Member

Hi all

I'm trying to use Sandboxie with Anti Executable. When I try to launch an item in the white list in the sandboxie, the process is visible in the Windows task manager, however it does not appear on screen until after 5 minutes later. I do not get any prompts from sandboxie, AE or the program itself. I am using Windows Vista Business sp1, AE 3.0.1111.23, Sandboxie 3.26. Is this a solution to this?

Cheers,
    Jeremy

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Unfortunately, I have problems myself with the combination FDISR v3.21.205 and AEv3. That makes it impossible for me to do any further testing with Sandboxie and I have no WinVISTA, but WinXPproSP3.
    AEv3 isn't the same anymore as AEv2. So I keep on using AEv2.
    When I used SB in combination with AEv2, I didn't see any problems.
    Faronics was at least interested in my problem, but this will take days to investigate it with or without solution.

3. jrmhng

jrmhng Registered Member

Actually I realised it wasnt a problem combining sandboxie with AE, it was firefox with AE.

4. jrmhng

jrmhng Registered Member

Sorry I realised my last post was quite brief. I was in a hurry. Let me phrase it better.

Sandboxing has no effect on how quick or fast programs run. Everything runs fine except firefox. It takes ages for it to start up. The process would appear in the task manager. It would take over 5 minute for it to appear on screen.

5. HURST

HURST Registered Member

This might not even be related to the problem, but try disabling all extensions.
    I had problems with forecastfox extension when I tried AE.

6. jrmhng

jrmhng Registered Member

I did try that actually but it didn't really help. Thanks for the suggestion. Anyone else have a clue?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.