Sample sent to ESET

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Football, Dec 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Football

Football Registered Member

I sent on Saturday 6th a potentially rogue site to samples@eset.sk, but I have received NO reply yet. How could I find out if it has been added to virus signature database? Since it might be a rogue site, I would not like to visit it again to find out on my own if it is blocked by Nod32.

Thank you

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Signatures are created from files, not from websites as such. I've found one reference to an Arabic site that we received on Dec 6. I'm not sure if it was from you, but it didn't contain any special script nor link to a file.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
  3. Football

It was not from me. I provided a link to the website. Anyway, I resent the website to samples@eset.sk just a few minutes ago with the subject "Potentially rogue site". Please make sure that you received it.

4. Football

Well?? Did you receive it?

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

No, there is no such email. However, we'll need the exact link to a malicious file, saying that a site is supsicious is not enough if there's no link to malware.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.