Safesquid-Content Filtering Proxy Server

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by davidwalton, Sep 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidwalton

davidwalton Registered Member

Hello,

I am a newbie over here. I am planning to subscribe Safesquid-Content Filtering Internet Proxy Server for my enterprise. Have any one of you use this software before? Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    David

2. meneer

meneer Registered Member

I don't know Safesquid, but I do use Squidguard, a Squid add-on, on my linux system. Safesquid, as I can see, can be used either as a squid add-on or as a squid replacement. I can't see the implications of safeaquid as a squid replacement, you'll have to judge that for yourself.

In my opinion one of the most important aspects of these tools is the blacklist they are based on. safesquid uses urlblacklist.com. Squidguard uses it's own blacklist and can be configured to use urlblacklist.
    This urlblacklist is a commercial service. Squidguard is a community driven effort (so, free).

I don't know what server you plan to use it on. There are a few dedicated linux distribution that offer this function. Censornet (.com) seems to fullfill most of the requirements for schools. There are (commercial) add-ons for image recognition and blacklists.

3. malfunction2004

malfunction2004 Registered Member

hi,
    What's the matter, you've posted the same question all over the web?
    Your boss asked you to install this software, or what?
    If you can't do it yourself, get those guys to help you at http://www.safesquid.com/forum
    The software's great, but PAM authentication's not well documented on http://www.safesquid.com their home-site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.