SafeSpace Settings

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Matern, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matern

Matern Registered Member

Are the Settings of SafeSpace by default OK and can I run it out of the Box, or is there anything else to make it better or safer?

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

they are good out of the box. Make sure you enable your email program if you want it to cover all. Keep in mind that with Pop you will lose any emails on reboot. You can convert over to Imap and that way they are saved on your DSL server if you have that ability.

3. Tidyup

Tidyup Registered Member

Hello Matern.

The default configuration is sufficient for general internet browsing and instant messaging.

If you would like to run other applications in SafeSpace, then you may need to configure the privacy settings to suit your needs to ensure that any application data you want to save (emails, contacts, etc) are saved to non-virtualized folders.

The privacy settings are found in the Privacy page of the SafeSpace console, and there is a help guide to explain the privacy settings. If you have any questions, or would like some help with your configuration, just drop me a message either here, at the Artificial Dynamics Forums, or via the Online Support Form and I will gladly assist.

Here is a direct link to the SafeSpace User Guide which also explains how to configure SafeSpace

Best regards,

Kris.

Artificial Dynamics.

4. Matern

Matern Registered Member

Thank you. I've set two of my private data files to "read only" and will test it.
    What is with the Virus-Scanner? Will he have acsess to the tracked files inside the "read only" or "private" files?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.