SafeOnline & Automatic System Standby Problem - Anyone Else Have the Same Problem???

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Muddy3, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Muddy3

Muddy3 Registered Member

SafeOnline & System Standby Problem - Anyone Else Have the Same Problemo_O

Anyone got any feedback on this one o_O

Since installing Prevx Safe Online, I have had a somewhat frustrating issue with Power Management on my computer.

Some technical details:
    My computer: Dell Latitude D800 (very old, don't I know!!!)
    My operating system: Win XP Pro SP3 v.5.1 Build 2600 (old too...)
    My browser: IE8 v.8.0.6001.18702
    Prevx Version: 3.0.5.171

Background to the problem—My Screen Saver configuration:
    For Display Properties\Screen Saver configuration, I chose to use “My Pictures Slideshow” with transition effects between pictures. This initially created the problem that automatic “System standby” didn’t work properly with my power management, but I solved this by setting the same time lapse for “Turn off monitor” (15 mins) as for “System standby” (15 mins) in the Power Options Properties\Power Schemes window.
    As follows:
    Turn off monitor: After 15 mins
    Turn off hard disks: Never
    System standby: After 15 mins

This worked OK because System standby reinitialised at the same time as Monitor turned off, so allowing System Standby to function correctly after 15 mins+15 mins=30 mins.
    True, I did find that there were a couple of webpages that disturbed my automatic “System standby” function, but as long as I closed these pages everything worked OK.
    Webpages concerned: http://news.google.co.uk/news (Actually, I can’t remember if this webpage affected system standby or not) & http://www.meteoservices.be/fr/be/home/meteo/belgique/meteo_en_belgique.html?cityID=32X2017 (This webpage DEFINITELY did affect system standby). Incidentally, perhaps these webpages would affect automatic “System standby” regardless of my special Screen Saver properties??

Problem:
    Since installing Prevx Safe Online I have found that, when my Web Browser is open, automatic System standby doesn’t work at all most of the time. Before, it generally worked OK.

Two questions:
    1. Has anyone else encountered this problem?
    2. Joe, can you give me any advice as to how to resolve this problem (if, indeed, it is resolvable??)?

I would be interested in any feedback on this problem, even if nothing can be done about it… :(:( :'(:'(

Thanx!!

Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
  2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello,
    I'm not quite sure what could be causing this and I've never heard of another issue like this frankly. However, if it is something of a graphical issue causing the more fundamental standby problem, it may be worthwhile changing the SafeOnline protection from Maximum to High.

Let me know if you find anything else!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.