SAfe'n'sec update?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Longboard, Jun 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

OK, now just over a year since Kobra posted strong recommendations for this app (now withdrawn).

There was an 11 page thread going for months.
    Strong support at that time.
    Some cautious posts

P2000 prescient
    LOL i love seeing those phonetics.

This caught my eye at the time, but I didn't, wouldn't, couldn't at the tiem and was looking and getting to grips with other apps.

Now on V2.0.1235

Any body offer a comment now for update.

Thanks

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Unfortunately I found both the old and newer versions too buggy on my system. System and program freezes and support could not help.

Dropped it for System Safety Monitor which is a lot more stable on my computer ;)

3. .....

..... Registered Member

Latest build on website (atleast for +anti-virus is 1240).

Sent email to support regarding a new beta version, replied quickly (few hours), said new build had been delayed due to some problems reaching goals, but said they'd let me know as soon as the build is public.

4. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

Ok thanks

In view of previous LLOOONNNGGG thread, hardly a ringing endorsement from any body !!

If any body was a user, what have you changed to and why.?

I still like the look of the app and might give it a trial.
    @afrodude: i would like to know when you do thanks.

Lbd.

5. .....

..... Registered Member

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I likewise have moved on, and also am likeing SSM.

I like SnS only disliking the limit on reinstalls with the keys. Nuisance to have to keep requesting new keys. I was able to run the first build of 2.0, but a later build would cause hang ups on my system. Also troubling was given the intensity of the copy protection flap and their mishandling of same, I noticed a seeming personnel turn over, and I was told the lastest beta was on indefinite hold. Didn't add up to a good picture. Soooo..... SSM

Pete

7. lu_chin

lu_chin Registered Member

I like the fact that SNS really locks down Windows (and to some extent it is sometimes a nuisance during updates of system components). The major issue I have with it is that it is not compatible with many other security applications and hjas lead to lockup of my PC many times (even with the latest build). The official website is not very user-friendly and their forum is not very helpful either. I also agree that their activation mechanism is a pain.

8. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

Too bad the contest was only through June:

Attached Files:

• bs.JPG
      bs.JPG
      File size:
      49 KB
      Views:
  9. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

It's good software. Their "Protection" division seems to make things harder on customers than it should be though. I installed a trial and had to uninstall it due to problems with other software. When I finally got around to re-installing it I had to request a key from their support in order to get it to work. Their counter measures against people using their trials over and over again make normal usage difficult on regular customers.

All in all I like the software. There are some things that need to be worked out, but it provides excellent protection as far as I have noticed so far. I have requested a few changes from them, mainly more custimization for 'advanced' users. Seems like they take feedback seriously, although I have yet to see how fast they are about implementing requests.

Edit: I have updated the image below:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2006
  10. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

Here is their rule editing:

Attached Files:

• png.PNG
      png.PNG
      File size:
      95.5 KB
      Views:
  11. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

Although you can't edit existing rules (which I have requested), you can delete/add rules (note that network rules were automatically created even though I have the network monitoring disabled):

Attached Files:

• png.PNG
      png.PNG
      File size:
      97 KB
      Views:
  12. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

P.S: I have been using this along with the current Outpost beta with no problems.

13. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Just to remind there is a great discount that is good through the end of August.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.