Safecast woes

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by steppedonapoptop, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steppedonapoptop

steppedonapoptop Registered Member

I'm working on a friend's computer - at least we used to be friends. :)

The original complaint was the CD-RW did not RW anymore. Norton and Adaware were unaware. I installed XP-Home and her programs late last year so I know what she has. Never had turbo-tax.

The drivers showing up in Device Manager are Adaptec CDR4_2K.sys and cdralw2k.sys. But she doesn't have CD Creator or anything else showing up as Adaptec. Just the standard Dell stuff - Sonic.

I went to Dell and downloaded and reinstalled the normal drivers but the drive went downhill. It was totally inoperable. Uninstalled those, let it find the bad drivers again and the drive will work, just not RW. I haven't let Spybot S&D do anything.

Also have: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\CDAD15BA.sys;
    C:\Kpcms\CMSCP\cp01 (2kb) and C:\C_DILLA123\Safe Product Licenses (0kb)

Thanks in advance. Have lurked here for years!

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

There is the possibility that the cd drive has gone south instead of the software. Do you have another drive that you can install just to see if it is the drive itself??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.