Safe to upgrade from 2.7?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by valnar, Apr 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. valnar

valnar Registered Member

I've been lightly following all the new ESET products since my beloved NOD32 2.7 but haven't upgraded yet. The new antivirus' didn't offer anything I needed, and I read some reports on instability with the Smart Security offering.

Are most of those issues ironed out now? Is it safe to buy and run Smart Security 4.x now? If so, is there a thread with the recommended tweaks or settings to make it safe & reliable?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Of course , it is safe to upgrade from v2.7
    The new versions have a lot more to offer . You can upgrade to either v3.0 or v4.0
    I personally use and install ESET Smart Security v3.0 and ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.0

1. Download fresh new version of ESET Smart Security / ESET NOD32 Antivirus (v3.0 or v4.0) from http://www.eset.com/download . If you don't have a license for ESS and you want to trial it , you can have a 30-day evaluational version
    2. Uninstall your current version of NOD32.
    3. Reboot the computer when prompted
    4. Delete manually this folder:

- C:\Program data\Eset

5. Repair Winsock
    Windows XP SP2 , XP SP3 and Windows Vista all

Goto Start –> Run
    type cmd and click OK.
    Type netsh winsock reset
    Press ENTER . Restart immediately !

N.B. ! There is a space between the commands , example netshSPACEwinsockSPACEreset
    N.B. ! If you use Windows Vista , you must first run cmd as Administrator .

6. Reinstall your ESET software using the file you downloaded in step1 . Use typical install. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.