safe mode scan doesn't list in scan log

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by wguru, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wguru

wguru Registered Member

On 'my' XP SP3's netbook, ESET's trial version safe mode scan doesn't list in the scan history. Maybe before re-booting to normal mode, we're supposed to have done something to initiate saving such a log, but I've yet to see that mentioned anywhere.

Is this normal as maybe I need to do something to get such a scan to list and provide me the scan results, ie; say, at least, in a log file?

Moreover, the ESET help index says that safe mode scan is supposed to initially display a window asking for a yes-no user response, but repeated safe mode scans aren't displaying this window, only the DOS like window is seen (as the scan proceeds and seemingly completes).

Is this all normal for trial versions, or maybe there's something I'm unaware of?

Assumably the machine's infected, but I just noticed (way late I'm afraid) that ESET can create a recovery disk, but the help article doesn't mention it needs to be done before infection, no brainer there and I suppose in this likely case, it's no longer a feasible option?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  2. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Running a scan in safe mode in order to capture a scan log can be a tricky task, the link provides the parameters to successfully do so.
    If you are unable, you may contact ESET for aided assistance in doing this.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

A rescue cd can be created and used at any time, no matter whether the computer is clean or infected.

As for the logs, ecls.exe creates text log files while the built-in scanner writes information into binary data files. This is on purpose as the stand-alone scanner must be usable without the need to have the whole program installed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.