Safe-mode only

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by thany, Feb 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thany

thany Registered Member

Disk Director seems to work only in safe-mode on more and more computers. In regular mode, it just won't do anything. In safe-mode everything works like a charm. Why is that?

The only pattern I've been able to extract is that the safe-mode-only problem occurs on computers with a SATA-II chipset, like nForce4.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello thany,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Could you please describe this issue in more details? Please let us know what operations you have tried to perform in the full mode of Acronis Disk Director Suite?

Could you please let us know the build number of the product, which you can find in the Help -> About dialog (it should be a 4 digit number)?

Please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

For the record, I have the same problem. If I click on the not-Safe Mode, the system freezes completely. Keyboard and mouse does not work, and the light that indicates hard disk operation remains lit. Only solution is to reset the system. Dell Dimension 9150 with a SATA disk (I do not know what type of SATA is it), Disk Director 9.0.

Same happens with Paragon Recovery CD. I think both Paragon and Disk Director use Linux as a rescue platform, I do not know if this is part of the problem. Also, I know Dell uses an special-non standard MBR, maybe this is a problem too.

4. Acronis Support

Hello Robin A.,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please follow the instructions which I have provided above. We will certainly investigate the issue and try to provide you with a possible solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

5. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Disk Director 9.0.554

I do not want to run again this, what I remember is:

1. Boot with CD created with Bootable Media Buider.
    2. Click on “Full Version” (mouse works OK).
    3. “Loading...” screen appears.
    4. After several seconds, computer locks up. Mouse and keyboard freezes, and the front light that indicates hard disk activity remains lit permanently.
    5. Reset with front power switch.
    “Safe Version ” works OK.

Computer: Dell Dimension 9150, BIOS updated to A03, SATA hard disk, Pentium D, two hidden partitions as described in http://www.goodells.net/dellrestore/.

6. Acronis Support

Hello Robin A.,

I would also recommend you to try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If this does not help then please create Linux system information as I asked in my previous post and send it to us. We will do our best to help you to resolve this issue.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.