Safe Mode functionality of PG

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Anonymous111, Jul 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous111

Anonymous111 Guest

Hi I'm quite new to this forum - but recently I've read a lot of threads.

Recently I installed the program ProcessGuard and I've a question regarding this program.

When I boot in safe mode it seems that PG isn't running but I could be wrong ... How do I make it start up on boot regardless that windows is booted in safe mode.

I noted that PG seems to start up when I start it up manually in safe mode but only the process processguard that's viewable in taskmanager the gui seems to be getting nowhere ...

So - does it function in safe mode - and is there a way to make it start up automatically regardless which mode the 'puter boots up in ...?

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Drivers and services such as ProcessGuard do not run in safe mode, usually only some basic system services run in safe mode. This is intentional so that errant drivers can be removed and other troublshooting procedures can be addressed.
    A good example is your video driver as supplied by your graphics card maker, these will not load in safe mode and Windows defaults to it's generic drivers for safety.
    There is a limited selection when entering safe mode but this is generally whether to allow things such as networking, again using Windows generic drivers.

HTH Pilli :)

3. Anonymous111

Anonymous111 Guest

thank you for your swift answer, Pilli ...

Might I add it would be a good feature to include in forthcoming versions of this seemingly great piece of software.

Greets - Jacob.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.