Rx unable to find free check point?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by bgoodman4, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

Today at boot (just after or just before Rx attempted to take its boot snap ---- no snap was taken) I received a message that read

"Unable to find free check point."

I hit enter and the PC appeared to load normally. There is plenty of free space for Rx snaps indicted on the Rx main window. Does anyone know what this means and what I should do about it?

Attached Files:

• RX.jpg
      RX.jpg
      File size:
      116.3 KB
      Views:
  2. bgoodman4

Just rebooted and the correct message was

"Failed to find free checkpoint"

I am unable to create new snapshots. If I try to do a manual snap I get a message that the snap has been created but it does not appear in the snap history.

3. pinso

pinso Registered Member

I h used this ware before, during the install it takes a first Boot snapshot. i h forgot about this checkpoint u mention here.
    one word of advice, i used this ware before, n did successful restore ,but during the uninstallation, u'll could face some problem, cause i did. If u r using v8.1 then better remove it quikly, it has some bug issues. Better dload v9 , i heard it has fixed these bugs,,,,but i m better off without this RX. u should use any normal Back-up program, imo.......its the best;)

4. Raza0007

Raza0007 Registered Member

The listed free space 52535 MB is related to which drive, C or D? Perhaps the other drive does not have enough free space to store an additional snapshot.

5. bgoodman4

I have no idea which drive it refers to. Are the snaps stored on separate drives? I was under the impression that the snaps are stored as one file in a designated location. The D drive contains nothing that I am aware of.

Attached Files:

6. Raza0007

Raza0007 Registered Member

Now that you mention it, I remember reading somewhere that the snapshots are all stored on the first partition. I did not use rollback to protect two partitions during the 1 month I tried it so I may be in error. I am sure someone more experienced with rollback rx can solve this for you.

So the total space, used space and free space listed in the image corresponds to your C partition only?

Keep in mind that if there were snapshots stored on D drive they will not be visible to windows explorer.

7. bgoodman4

Understood.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.