RVS

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by Woody777, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woody777

Woody777 Registered Member

I tried out the current release of Returnil today. Worked fine or so I thought apparently when i rebooted out of shadow mode the computer crashed. Checked the web & it appears that the Norton Internet Security which I got with my new Windows 7 computer probably caused this. As far as I can tell there were no solutions that I know of to the problem. So----- any ideas as to firewall & AVS that work with this product?

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi Woody777,
    There shouldn't be a conflict between RSS 2011 and NIS. Which version and build of NIS are you using?

Mike

3. Woody777

I changed it to NOD32 V4 W/ PCTools Firewall 6. That combination works better than the current build of NIS which was on that computer from the factory. It was acting like threatfire used to for me slowing things, Things diden't always work etc. But I did just get an error notification from your release candidate saying that it suffered an unexpected error. Funny, It was not in virtual mode at the time. Is the Virus scanner now interfering with NOD32? So far I cannot find a log file that reflects the error. But it was w RED popup Box.

4. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi Woody,
    Upgrade to the current release version and let me know if the issue persists.

Mike

5. Woody777

I upgraded. Yes it now appears to work just fine. A very Nice Software.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.