run-time error

Discussion in 'EULAlyzer Forum' started by Roby, Sep 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roby

Roby Guest

Hi!

I've just try your new software. The installation works fine but after I check for updates and then close the application, when I run it again, I receive this message: http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8883/error4yg.jpg

If I uninstall EULAlyzer and install it again, everything works again untill I try to update it. I think there's something wrong about the update process.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2005
  2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this issue.

If you wouldn't mind, could you please send the following details about your system to bugreports@javacoolsoftware.com :

-What version of Windows you are running (looks like XP, but is it XP Home/Pro and is it Service Pack 1 or 2?)
    -What anti-virus/anti-spyware software you have installed, if any
    -What firewall(s) you have installed, if any
    -What other security/privacy software you have installed

Also, I have some specific questions about the issue you are experiencing.
    After running EULAlyzer, checking for updates, and closing the program, does the program:
    1.) Show that error again no matter how many times you try to start it up?
    2.) Show that error after a reboot?

Thanks again for your help. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. Roby

Roby Guest

My OS is Windows XP Pro SP2. These are programs always running: ZoneAlarm Pro, Kaspersky AV Personal, TrojanHunter, SpywareGuard and WinPatrol.

EULAlyzer shows that error everytime I try to run it after the update process. It shows the error after a reboot, too.

I made some tests and I think that the problem is definitely related to the update process. In fact, I installed EULAlyzer and used it to analyze two EULA without problems. I closed it and re-opened it many times without problems again. But if I try to update it, after, all the times I try to run it, I receive the error mentioned.

I did what you wrote here: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=561277&postcount=2. It's all the same of what "Rawe" said in that 3d.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.