Rumble In The Jungle

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by snowy, Jan 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowy

snowy Guest

Most everyone realizes that this is a very tense time in the world. there are but few rare places on the planet that are not constantly hearing a stream of bad news......so much that even the bravest hearts silently tense.
    maybe..just maybe...this would be a fine time to sit back for a moment......an think before speaking.......instead of lossing friendships with ill chosen words that were better left never said.
    to each his/her own.......just remember that the person you pass today you may just pass tomorrow......
    this morning I woke to find a beautiful layer of powdered snow laying ever so softly on the blue spruce trees......an my first thoughts were...gosh. I'll need to shovel my car out........then lo and behold I noticed that the lady next door had shoveled my sidewalks....cleaned off my car.....WHY?
    this lady was not my friend......we never speak....but she did this for me..........an it scared me that I had to ask WHY.
    so to those who want to rumble in the jungle.....take a second to ask WHY............an then say hello to a friend instead of biting............

2. snowy

snowy Guest

P.S

This is by far not a good day for me....bet I could sit here typing for an hour the reasons why I could be po'ed.......but can give only one reason why I should not..which is: "I chose not to"

hey..later I may change my mind LOL

3. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Naaaaaah, don’t change you mind, just enjoy the moment; all points are equidistant from Eternity.

4. snowy

snowy Guest

ah yes..relish the moment......for they may be so few.

was in harrisburg yesterday.....an after a few choice conversations.....decidedly alot of single family homes will be seeing foreclosure in the coming months.....resession is one thing....but when jobs are lost that will never return thats quite another situation.......there has been a 10% drop in dial up connections just this month......an increase in cable/dsl...but overall connections are dropping......a sign of whats to be..you think....the month is only half into

5. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Have you ever visited the State Library? That's where I work.

6. snowy

snowy Guest

No I haven't......actually I only just now realized that I had not............that would normally be one of my favorites places to visit...........hmmmmmmm...time to take a look-see of why I ignorred my interests.....to busy...

the reason for my mentioning that in the reply was so others may realize that the person with a not so very best attitude just may be facing difficult times..........far be it for me to be a peacemaker...would ruin my bad reputation LOL

7. snowy

snowy Guest

Well off with the peacemakers hat.........doesn't fit me so well

8. *Ari*

*Ari* Registered Member

Hey !

Snowy man isn´t gone yet, that´s a happy surprise. Really. You may not know how your postings effects; they comfort like grandpa´s talk, make feeling calm.
    Your neighbor likes you too, never paid attention on that? I think you never did, know why not ? Because you are not so selfish to do that. Wanna know how I know ? Because you wouldn´t be here at wilders otherwise.

Once I had a good neighbor, a polish music teacher. It was obvious we did things across borderline, as neighbors. Never realized how lonely I felt before he was gone; he got divorced and moved away. Haven´t seen him for a year....

You might not know what kind of pile of snow I live in, my fatherland stands on my profile but who hasn´t been living in here, doesn´t know how cold, dark, lonely corner of the world this is and 70 cm [27.55900 Inches ] snow this far. Wolves paw prints found in our backyard.... Darn, I might better think happier things now, I fall in melancholy too easily :D.

And I am kinda tired too; I have been studying now this week, and guess what, I have learnt nothing new.....more here at wilders :). but those early mornings make me tired. I am too used to sleep late. That is not because I was lazy, no no not at all, but there are no jobs around here, just social security incomes <sigh>. There is light in the end of tunnel isn´t there ...

friendliest ~ Ari ~

9. snowy

snowy Guest

ARI

so good to hear from you........an yes I can picture in my mind the amount of snow where you live.....I do a little business with a small shop in ELI, MN......
    there is a cabin in the mountains that I visit often....lots of deer in the yard.......a black bear sometimes......an at night it can be so quiet that a man can listen to his heart beating..............it takes a very special person to live in such places.......a person strong enough to be at peace with himself.......an you must be such a person..........
    ARI there is always something.......it begins with an idea.......some energy.....an suddenly its there.
    a few years ago I was recovering from an injury...had nothing to do..........started drawing......an came up with several "inventions" that sold immediately.....one I kept for myself.....a new way of fishing.....I have won several fishing contests using it.......
    Ari..you are smart.....you know computers......maybe people at the local churches would appreciate someone putting security on their computers......what do you think

10. snowy

snowy Guest

ARI

my apology....I just looked at youre profile....I thought you lived in the U.S. but notice that you are in Finland.
    oh my..you do have snow...........

11. *Ari*

*Ari* Registered Member

Thanx Snowy
    for your kind words, never knows where I will make secure works after lil bit, since I´ll get some papers, maybe in the States! :eek: lol, kiddin, but ......why not ??
    I just wonder where you got the idea about churches ....sure I belong to our protestant one and no means to start talking about religions right, anyways, a good idea Snowy.
    Now I go fetching my second beer and relax for awhile.

see you
    ~Ari~

12. snowy

snowy Guest

ARI

no my friend I never talk religion or politics.........

the idea about the churches was because there are always a church some where near......an lots of people means lots of computers..........an most of them may not know anything about security.......maybe they would appreciate a man like you who could help them........maybe could even become a part time business...just a thought.

13. *Ari*

*Ari* Registered Member

I got that right Snowy friend ;)
    but let me still specify that I feel both religious and politic ways but as we know this is for internet security and related topics. I like it that way too....hhmm...just thought I have personal homepage to share my hobby which is very close to my heart; I put the link here but I take liberty to remove it after awhile, for privacy reasons you know....

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    if that one doesn´t work try this one:
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Links removed because of tight @ss talebans

~Ari~

14. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Whoooooa, Krusty! Warn people not to have any children in the room when your message comes over the speakers!

15. *Ari*

*Ari* Registered Member

Ooops sorry :oops: I should have warned you....but they sound so funny in the movies !

16. snowy

snowy Guest

Krusty

My security (set on low) wont allow those websites to fully load.....the most I get is a black screen........

17. *Ari*

*Ari* Registered Member

Hhhmmm that is weird....coz there ain´t much....just one small java applet....wav -file......meta tags is that trouble then ? java script ? but that site works if java disabled as well......weird Snowy o_O

18. *Ari*

*Ari* Registered Member

Ahhh it´s macromedia flash isn´t it ?? but that´s harmless....

19. snowy

snowy Guest

I have a very weird computer..no joke. most of the time I can surf just fine...just certain things seems to be blocked an I never know what.........activeX...java...java applets....all blocked.......I use applets alot but with extra care in a sandbox...constantly monitored

20. snowy

snowy Guest

Yes Flash is also blocked

21. *Ari*

*Ari* Registered Member

Is alrigth Snowy, I removed the links, it seems there are enemies of humor here + enemies of western thinking people too. Not so big deal to me. :D just got minus karma, LOL

22. CarolinaMoonshine

CarolinaMoonshine Registered Member

Snowy, can I post here? There is such a warm, homey feeling about this thread that I can almost smell the coffee, and feel the warmth of your fire! :)

Accept the gift of the cleared walks and car, no questions asked......and beware should you feel slighted if she does not do it again! ;)

23. snowy

snowy Guest

Carolina

well hey there pretty lady...haven't shared a post with you in many a months.......of course you can post here....an anywhere else you may want.......why the members I think would be downright glad to share

an yup..I got the next door lady some flowers...she certainly deserved them......she never speaks to anyone....she is very tempermental.......an she loves being outdoors whenever it snows............

an yupper the coffee is brewing....put a log in the fireplace along with some hickory chips.....gone to just sit back.....an enjoy

24. *Ari*

*Ari* Registered Member

Hi Caroline
    I took liberty to talk to you, pardon me?. Yes, warm jungle night isn´t it, virtually ofcourse...and no one can not harm each other in virtual jungle. Sure, ofcourse not real enemies here eventhough I do not know - who could know - all of people on the net ? And there´s that weird aspect when you "talk using fonts " you probably won´t be understood correctly. I am really calm when I " talk" this, no one never knows , how I really am. I think the majority of wilders people is really calm, ´coz have to be with this hobby. Otherwise funnyfarm is awaiting ;) .

~know me yet~

25. snowy

snowy Guest

Well, its been a pleasure sharing a few posts with those here.........today has been a rare glance of snowy the snowman.......an surprisingly all the while I was taking care of business matters between posts.....its was a slow business day......but enjoyable.
    in everyday there is something worth learning...an there a few worthy things here at the forum......so its been well.
    a goodnight to all......

snowy the snowman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.