Rules for World of Warcraft and Windows Live Messenger

Discussion in 'Other Ghost Security Software' started by AirbornePB, Dec 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AirbornePB

AirbornePB Registered Member

I'm currently in Iraq using a satellite connection and I was wondering if anyone knows how to set up GhostWall for WoW. I have opened these ports but I'm not sure if I have done it right.

TCP 3724
    TCP 6112
    and ports 6881-6999

I have also opened these ports from the unable to connection message from the game itself 8086,8087,9081,9090,9097 and 9100.

I have had only problems with the downloader in the states saying that it was behind a firewall that is why I disabled the windows firewall and installed GhostWall.

I'm also having problems with windows messenger over here where it will not find the ports I need all the time with this firewall. I opened up 1863 but that is the only port I could find on the help on the windows website. Everything tells me to contact the software company but they don't have any support other than these forums.

Thank You in advance

2. Hermescomputers

Hermescomputers Registered Member

Hello AirbornePB and Happy new Year! (If that can be possible being in Iraq).
    I am not familiar with WoW so I cant rely first hand info on the appropriate ports. However I can provide you with a pic of a posted configuration for it. Even though it only shows the same info as you already have. I guess it shows your existing configuration is fine...

As for Messenger I switched to Trillian because Messenger was doing "Too" much hidden stuff in the background that was "Unaccountable for" It doesn't require special port configuration to work at all. (Neither is MSN Messenger but as I stated above...):cautious: .

My guess is you are behind some sort of router or a modem with built in firewall that filters stuff... not ghost wall's doing...

Here is the pic for WoW configuration!:

Attached Files:

• WoW.jpg
      WoW.jpg
      File size:
      6.9 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2007
  3. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

One post removed as spam.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.