RoxWatch Tray9 problems?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by acr1965, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I have a new Vista computer that came with Roxio. There is also a tray app that checks for file changes (I think) that is called RoxWatch. It appeared in my systray when I first booted the computer the first time but has disappeared and will not come back up.

Does anyone have any experience with this thing? If it actually watches for file changes then it may be useful but otherwise I would not mind to delete it.

Are there some special privileges the program is supposed to have to be back in the systray? The program starts with Windows and is running. I would just like it back in the systray for now.

thanks

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Seems to me more like a gadget.
    http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/roxwatch

This is how you can disable roxwatch. I hope this works for winVISTA also, not sure.

Go to Start,Run and type msconfig.Go to the Startup tab and uncheck RoxWatchTray and D2d.This should disable it from starting.Reboot and when the box comes up tell it not to show the warning again and you're all set.
    http://forums.support.roxio.com/lofiversion/index.php/t23670.html

Last edited: Nov 11, 2007
  3. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Well that did not do it so maybe it is not for Vista. I am gonna go check out Black Viper's site to see if I can come up with anything. I guess it is just the systray icon that has been disabled somehow. But from the description on one of the links you provided it looks like the RoxWatch may only monitor media file changes- which would be pretty useless in my opinion (although I suspect some media providers may think otherwise).

thanks for the help

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Isn't there a manual of Easy Media Creator Suite or its Help feature ? A quick search with "roxwatch" might give you better info what and how to do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.