Router interface/ESS

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Tyfelt, Jun 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyfelt

Tyfelt Registered Member

When I go to open my router config (192.168.1.1) it loads each page extremely slowly, as if it's running off a bad server a million miles away. When I completely turn off ESS, it loads instantly. To ensure it's nothing else on this PC, I connected via laptop with no ESS and it's instant as it should be.

Why is ESS slowing down webclient-access to my router config so significantly? Pings to my router look normal, all 1ms.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. Tyfelt

Tyfelt Registered Member

I apologise for probably being stupid, but when I click on that link it just opens a blank page.

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

copy and paste in your address bar

5. Tyfelt

Tyfelt Registered Member

Thank you. That didn't work either, but I managed to find a Google cache that worked to the same information. Unfortunately I am still having the problem after ensuring those settings are correct.

6. Tyfelt

Tyfelt Registered Member

By the way, I have the same problem if I use NOD32, so I don't think it's related to the firewall functions of ESS.

7. Tyfelt

Tyfelt Registered Member

The problem stops when I uncheck Enable HTTP checking specificially and returns when I check it.

Keeping it checked and adding 198.162.1.1 to list of addresses excluded from filtering does not work.

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd suggest capturing the http communication with Wireshark while opening the web interface, both with http scanner enabled and disabled when the problem does not occur (do that with the firewall completely disabled, just in case). Contact customer care and provide them with a description of the issue as well as with the two WS logs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.