rooted phones

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products Beta' started by Dizzee, Aug 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dizzee

Dizzee Registered Member

I heard that it is easy to bypass eset security with rooted phones... is there no solutions to secure rooted phones?

2. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

Well, once you have root on a linux system, you can do pretty much everything. That's why it's called rooting :).

3. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Anything that wants to gain Root has to elevate via SuperUser. So it shouldn't be an issue.

4. Dizzee

Dizzee Registered Member

but someone who has access to your phone can connect it to a computer and delete eset...
    I was just wondering if it was possible to secure a rooted phone... clearly no

5. x942

x942 Guest

Not true. If USB Debugging is turned off (and you set a password) plugging into a computer will NOT give access to remove apps. USB Debugging is needed for that. I would also disable unknown sources unless you are installing something and disable it again afterwards. If you are still worried about this ( and have a Nexus S) you may want to check out Whisper Core as they off Full Disk Encryption for Android (free). This will prevent this type of issue.

6. Dizzee

Dizzee Registered Member

thanks I didn't know that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.