Rollback Uninstall Followup

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by BigAppleJack, Mar 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigAppleJack

BigAppleJack Registered Member

Hello everybody. I posted in this forum on Feb.18, 2009 that I had downloaded the 2 week trial version of Rollback Rx and was having difficulty uninstalling it. Rather than messing with it and ending up reverting to a prior snapshot, I just opted to have it do nothing and let it expire. It expired last Tuesday, and, when I boot up, I get a notification box with 3 choices: ...................PURCHASE NOW......ACTIVATE.........OK. When I press OK, the box disappears and everything is normal. I had expected the expiration warning to go away by itself eventually. I'd appreciate any suggestions. I'm wary of messing with uninstall because something that Rollback was doing as an add-on to Explorer was keeping IE7 from functioning at all and when Microsoft displayed a FIX IT button, it failed to work because it was only applicable to 32 bit Vista and I have 64!!! I just would like to kill the expiration notification box. Outpatient surgery? Thanks and also thank you to those who made suggestions in February. :)

2. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

An obvious suggestion possibly ----- did you do a system restore?

3. nexstar

nexstar Registered Member

From the Horizon DataSys Knowledgebase here:

The only way to get it sorted out is to cleanly uninstall it and they obviously have the tool for the job:) .

Graham

4. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.