Rollback 8.1 Officially Released

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by DVD+R, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Well if thats the case it only adds to the confusion IMO.I requested the build through support and as i mentioned was told its not available yet.Maybe you are correct in thinking that they want to iron out any problems with a release that has now been withdrawn maybe?.I dont particularly want to backup my whole pc just to perform a common defrag.Thats just not acceptable.
    ellison

2. mhf

mhf Registered Member

Well, you guys have really freaked me out. I had installed Rollback Rx 8.1 and been using it during the trial period, then having read (nearly) all the posts here about RB and the possible serious problems, I have decided to uninstall it and go back to Windows SR for the moment.

I quite understand the difference between image backup (I use Driveimage xml) and system restore as well as the difference in usage of Rollback Rx and FD-ISR.

So my question is : are there no other alternatives than Windows System Restore and Rollback Rx or FD-ISR to obtain an instant restore?

3. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

Shadow softwares (reboot to restore) :)

4. mhf

mhf Registered Member

Thanks lucas. But now I'm going off sideways and trying Driveclone 3 Pro which has both imaging and restore snapshots - looks good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.