RogueRemover Version 1.03 (12/06/06)

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by hardhead, Nov 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: It is my pleasure to share w/ everyone. Those three apps which I am currently using and have been cleared by AVG AS plus, SuperAntispyware And Spyware Doctor, are Registry Fix, Registry Repair 2006 and Registry Optimizer 2007. The version I d/l is 1.08 from majorgeeks.com. If you look up the targeted prog section and scroll down to these three apps area you will find the reason been placed as rougue is undigestable. Same pattern of wording, came from same cast die. Feedback is welcome.:) I just scan w/ newest v.1.09 same result, same doubt, nothing promising yet.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hmmm....perhaps you could recheck your version of Registry Fix along with the company considering there are more than one program that goes by that name. However....RogueRemover was able to find the Registry Fix 5.5 entry it was looking for.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  3. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, Bubba: Thanks for the pointer. I did recheck, it is RegistryFix v.5.5 not the other Registry Fix, but both are on the list. If they are on the targeted list and not been excluded, why are not detected by this app o_O?

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I failed to supply the version in my above post Perman but have now supplied it which is Registry Fix 5.5 that RogueRemover found.

Bubba

5. RubbeR DuckY

RubbeR DuckY Developer

Hello Perman,

My name is Marcin Kleczynski and I am the author of RogueRemover and RogueRemover PRO, and here is your challenge. :) . RR is a HUGE project, as you can tell by the 600 kb program and the 200 kb databse. I maintain this database with assist from two other people (yes, nearly 4000 lines of database and even more code). Taking that intp consideration, please understand that this project is far from perfect (of course, that is why there are versions 1.00 - 1.09).

I continue to add rogue programs as much as I can, but you have to understand I don't have all day to do this, other things must come first. If you would like to help fixing this application, especially this specific bug, feel free to contact me and help beta test the release I make.

The reason it detected for Bubba and not for you could be many reasons. RogueRemover must process environmental values. For example, it has to know that your main drive is C:\, not D:\. These values may be missing for you and therefore RogueRemover does not know where to check. Another reason may be that the vendor released another version which RogueRemover does not yet detect.

SiteAdvisor declares Registry Repair 2006 as questionable because it attempts to change your homepage and multiple popups.

As for the rest of the software you listed. I downloaded the software and found major flaws in it. Once i declare software rogue, it is not the final word. The software goes through 2 more reviews (Jack Morrissey, and Fred). Once it is declared rogue by all 3. The software is added to the database. You must understand, this is not just one person's decision.

Please contact me and we will find out why the software is not being detected, even if it does mean you will just add it to the exclude list, you will help many others (especially the 200 people that have already contacted me about adding rogue applications and helping the remove a registry utility that has installed malware and even worse things). You can barely trust half of these utilities out there.

Also, my site specificall states: "Note: The applications listed in RogueRemover are listed there only by opinion of the authors of RogueRemover. The users of RogueRemover are in no way forced, but suggested, to remove the detected applications."

It also states: "If you believe your application does not belong on the rogue list, please contact us via the contact page and we will inform you on why your application was listed."

If the product is truly not rogue, ask them to contact me, I will personally tell them what phase it failed, and we will work to make their product as best as we can. A few sites have already contacted me about this, and their products are looking much better in many people's eyes.

Just my 2 cents worth, awaiting your reply.

6. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, Marcin: Thank you for your feedback , and your valuable time spared from busy schedules. I think I can appreciate your response, although not 100%. I will take this opportunity to post my few thoughts. I am a layman in terms of computer, although a professional in different field. I do admire your courage to lunch a brand new program, I do have a desire to assist you in perfecting your product, but that desire at this moment remains to be just a wish, sorry. I like to point out to you that there is a on-going project, perhaps as HUGE(you have mentioned yours as such) as yours, that is a report being complied continuously by SpywareWarrior. Are yours a mirror work to theirs? or you do have your own criteria/testing methods? They at present time have 329 in their vest verus 100+ from you. Are you doing a catching-up venture? For users to use your product proudly you have to supply them with remarkable, reliable one. The one that is still in incubation or infancy reqires a different designation, beta ware. A very large step from being a Pro ware. These are my peso sense, just thoughts, no offense. Keep up your proud work.Have a nice one.

7. RubbeR DuckY

RubbeR DuckY Developer

RogueRemover is a constantly developing software. The reason that our list is not as big as SpywareWarrior's is because some of that software is in the past. Many computers do not get infected with old software that has dead links to it. These dead links also stop us from getting the software to install and test it, if we can't test it, how can we analyze it.

RogueRemover also detects rogue codecs, antiviruses, antispywares, reg cleaning utilities, and hard drive cleaning utilities.

RogueRemover has a long way to go, but by the end of this year, I expect it to be fully caught up with the rogue list at spyware warrior and many other sites. Many FANTASTIC users have submitted links to rogue software, and it only took them 5 seconds to send me a link to the download, little do they know, that link may save thousands of computers from that software.

Thank you for your concern and helping make the product better. I will continue to check this thread, if there is anything urgent, you know exactly where to find me. :p

8. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Say RubbeR DuckY

All the best over there. Can't thank you enough for About:Buster :thumb:
    Never forget how timely and helpful that invention of yours made our tasks during hijackthis work with users over notorious CWS.

Keep up the fine effort.

9. hardhead

hardhead Registered Member

RogueRemover Version 1.11 [January 20 2007]

RogueRemover 1.11

Download: http://www.malwarebytes.org/rogueremover.php

View program history: http://www.malwarebytes.org/rogueremover_history.php

View database history: http://www.malwarebytes.org/rogueremover_database_history.php

Last edited: Jan 23, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.