RoboForm: New Release V8

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by aladdin, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

I am been informed by a very, very unreliable source that RoboForm V8 is about to be released. I was shocked and surprised to hear this news, as RoboForm V7 was just recently released. So, I asked my very, very unreliable source what gives? She the stunning one answered, haven't you noticed that RoboForm V7 is already up to V7.2.2 and in no time it should reach V8. I told this beautiful woman, OMG your are right, but for what?

Her answer was. Pure greed and the company is having cash flow problems, so they want to collect some more money from the suckers of V6. This time these suckers cannot cry "lifetime upgrades". By accepting the licensing terms for the V7, they have forfeit the licensing rights to V6.

No, I ask again to my very, very unreliable source, when this new and improved V8 will be released. Her answer, soon my old, old handsome geezer, as the release of V8 is tied to the soon to be released Banking Safe (BS) V4.

I told her that I am not holding my breath. She replies, HAPPY VALENTINE!

Happy Valentine,

KOR!

P.S. I complained to her that I didn't get my chocolates this year. She answers, she is saving money for these two hot releases soon!

2. guest

guest Guest

This was fun

or not.

3. Noob

Noob Registered Member

And the point of this thread was? o_O

4. aladdin

Some fun on the Valentine's Day!

And, RoboForm is already up to V7.2.2 within 2 months of it's release. So, we will be asked to fork out some more money soon for V8.

Best regards,

KOR!

5. Noob

Noob Registered Member

For some reason i didn't get it the first time i read it :D
    Hahahaha, i wonder if Roboform is secure being that it uploads data to the cloud :)

6. aladdin

Hi Noob,

I bought 2 licenses of RoboForm V6, with lifetime upgrades. Recently, when they came out with V7, they didn't honor their legal and moral commitments. So, I was forced to buy V7, as I have lots of data. They even refused to provide plug-ins to the owners of V6, for the latest browsers. The browsers keep on updating, so they require new plug-ins (add-ons), for RoboForm to work.

As a company, I don't trust them anymore. They have two versions.

Cloud: Initial payment of $9.99 per year and thereafter $19.95 for each year. Can be increased anytime.

Local: Pay per device, with the option to keep the data in cloud.

Best regards,

KOR!

7. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Now i get why you were mad at them :D
    So they basically scammed you with V6 (Not honoring the "lifetime" license) and was forced to get V7 and now they're updating another version to leech some cash more :)

8. aladdin

LOL!

Best regards,

KOR!

9. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Hahahaha
    Yeah, i'm kinda dumb . . . Reality speaks for itself :rolleyes:

10. mick92z

mick92z Registered Member

According to old apps, version 6 ran from Jan 2005 until ver 7 Dec 2010, so thats 5 years
    Obviously with a new version, there will be problems,hence the ten changes from 7.1.0 to 7.2.2
    I think to say version 8 is imminent, is nonsense. Don't get me wrong, I too, lost out,on one of my pc's, when they brought out ver 7. It was a cheap trick,but I don't think even Roboform would consider doing the same again, so very soon after

11. wideglide36

wideglide36 Registered Member

Well they're not getting any more dough from me.

I have been using Roboform for many years and purchased the version 6 and now the version 7 upgrade. I loved Roboform.

Now that we have to pay every year for the Everywhere version, I have made the switch to Last Pass, and as Kramer would say "I'm lovin' it" Jerry.

Last Pass has a free version that meets my needs quite well. I realize that at some point, that they may also start charging for the free version. That's fine.

In fact, I sort of like it more than the paid version of Roboform.

So, I guess it's good bye to Roboform.

I still think Roboform is a great product and would probably continue to buy it if I hadn't found Last Pass.

Just my thoughts......................................

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.