RKU (detected parasite) after installing sandboxie geswall linkscan pro

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by mack_guy911, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

yesterday i installed sandboxie, geswall and linkscan pro after that RootKit Hook Analyzer stop working and RKU show detected parasite (i disable geswall before scanning with rku) i unistalled sandboxie and linkscan pro the scan again its show one more time
    after that when i scan enable GeSwall and scan its dont show any parasite
    is it due to geswall or something....

1. DO i got my pc infected by rootkit if yes what steps i need to take
    i scan my pc with F-secure antirootkit,avira antirootkit,sophosantirootkit
    please also tell me which are other good anti root kit devices to install and trust.

2. i want to know which is better sandbox between GeSwall and Bufferzone.

3. Do i need any other HIPS i have KIS7(without firewall) with PD enable +Outpost Firewall Pro ver. 4.0.1025.7828 (700)

its will be very kind of you people if you answers all my questions .......

sorry if i sound panic i am panic today.....lol

2. LUSHER

LUSHER Registered Member

advise. uninstall all the security programs (sandboxie,geswall, linkscanner), they don't help (sandboxie,linkscanner are mostly useful only before you are infected), they just complicate the issue.

In fact, RKU detecting parasite does not necessarily mean malware, what other security software are you running? Some can cause RKU to popup with this message.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.