Risk of running Flash with TOR browser?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by 437437, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 437437

437437 Registered Member

Hey guys, new guy here.

Just a quick question, would enabling flash plugins on TOR expose my activities to be logged by my ISP? or is it just restricted to the websites being browsed?

Thanks.

2. happyyarou666

happyyarou666 Registered Member

word of advice dont use flash with tbb , the devs dont deactivate it for nothing

3. 437437

437437 Registered Member

Thanks for the reply.

Is there any way for me to access sites like youtube without my ISP's knowledge?

4. happyyarou666

sure , just for youtube ,theres many different ways , you could launch tbb and proxy your regular firefox through it , or use a regular proxy service addon or use a vpn , or use a vpn then startup tbb and then have your regular browser use the tbb gateway , its really up to you and your security requirements , none of those methods will reveal youre net activity to your isp, itll only see tor or a vpn or a proxy connected, not the traffic

5. 437437

437437 Registered Member

Ok, thanks you've been a great help.

6. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

Or, just use YouTube without Flash. Little known fact, almost every YouTube video is simultaneously encoded to HTML5 as well as flash and mpeg. This is how iOS devices can watch YouTube videos.

7. happyyarou666

damn hes right almost forgot about that , thou html5 kinda sucks hard , lols, thats unless somethings changed as of late

8. Please don't use flash with TOR. It will blow your anonymity. As others have said you can access youtube without flash.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.