RISING Security Software 2010 Series is Officially Released

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by FrenzyLion, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrenzyLion

FrenzyLion Registered Member

Hi you guys,
    long time no see, :D :D :D
    I noticed that RISING has released their 2010 version products, so I copy the news below to share with you:

RISING Security Software 2010 Series is Officially Released
    Feb 3, 2010 - RISING

RISING, world top security software vender, announces the official release of 2010 RISING security software, fully compatible with Windows 7, with better user interface and more efficient protection against cyber threats. The RISING 2010 series of security software contains the following software products: Rising Internet Security 2010, Rising Antivirus 2010, and Rising Firewall 2010. In addition, RISING updated its free tools, Rising Free Online Scanner and the efficient security tool – Rising PC Doctor, to offer enhanced protection against malware and other Internet threats.

The 2010 set of Rising products is the only one in China and the first in the security providers world to obtain full compatibility and reliability with Windows 7 operating system, according to the recommendations and testing results of Microsoft Company.
    http://rising-global.com/client/image/EN-w7-comp_rgb_L.png

Rising 2010 products also come with improved product operation measures and security defense functions and a more simple and intuitive user interface.

http://rising-global.com/client/image/ris.png

Now users can easily set the computer security protection level by clicking just one button on the interface of Rising Internet Security or Rising Firewall software. They are also able to select a different defense mode, according to different needs and requirements while accessing to Internet. These new features part of the Rising Active Defense technique offers users real-time computer security protection.

Major innovations in intelligent active defense have also been included in the 2010 Rising security software, such as:
    · The “home mode” comes with disk safe accessing, system reinforcement white list, and application reinforcement;
    · Better scanning processes are included for removable devices;
    · Individual requirements can be met by reinforcing different applications while you customize the system reinforcement white list;
    · Malicious Behavior Detection that checks the processes of users’ computers for potential malicious behavior, analyses their behavior and blocks the harmful ones.

About Rising
    Rising International Software was established in April 1998. Its predecessor, established in 1991, is Beijing Rising Computer Technology Development Department. RISING is one of the earliest enterprises engaged in computer virus prevention in the world. RISING is dedicated to the research, development, production and sale of computer antivirus products, network security products, and anti-hacker products. RISING possesses all the intellectual property rights and a number of patented technologies for all the products.

:D :D :D

2. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Anyone tried the free 2010 version?

3. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

im curious as well and what is the difference between free and paid? edit i dont see a free suite anymore did they remove that or was i mistaken?

4. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

5. zfactor

6. quanzi_1507

quanzi_1507 Registered Member

They did :D Here you go

http://www.freerav.com/

Like Avira's freeav Rising has another site for their free product.

Screenshots btw:

Attached Files:

7. TheIgster

TheIgster Registered Member

That's not a suite though, just AV.

8. quanzi_1507

quanzi_1507 Registered Member

RISING Security doesn't offer RIS for free. The 6-month trial installers do exist though (I remember someone posted them here in wilders). Just google it.

9. iravgupta

iravgupta Registered Member

Whats with the English - "Computer protection can be turned on your computer from attacks on the web" ?

10. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

any "free" suit from this company is 1 year limited , so its like 1 year license :(

11. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

It's from China or so... if you're gonna use Chinese security software that's translated to English, expect heavy grammatical mistakes. :D :)

12. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Do they have the free firewall still?

13. kmr1685

kmr1685 Registered Member

lol i really like your understanding of Chinese people very much :p ;) :p

14. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Could not resist trying :D downloaded free AV and installed without the ANTIVIRUS o_O so only the HIPS

- OS enforcement = looks a lot like Outpost Host protection :thumb: :thumb:
    - application reinforcement = has two settings data (base) or web oriented, you should add webbrowsers and e-mail programs as web oriented, Office aps as data oriented, no idea what it does
    - application control = nice feature to add file and registry monitoring, really a power user application. I could add a layer around Outlook and Chromium (prevent them to access anything outside the areas I granted them) with no problem :thumb: :thumb:
    - Malicious behavioral detection = finds some DLL injections, problably looks after setting hooks also :thumb:
    - Web Trojan Defense = kind of heuristics on scripts

All in all it ran nicely with Avast file shield only :D, easy to use HIPS I would keep it on my play pc when I would not get an update error (some XML file) when running LUA. For XP users (because of teh easy to use HIPS) running Admin, this is really a nice HIPS :thumb:

15. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Someone want to test Rising against some malware?

16. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

The AV is okay, but the HIPS is really nice, you can crank it up to max and it still be reasonable quiet. It will hold a lot of malware also, even when running as admin. I have thrown some random bits on it and would characterise it as a cross over of several proven practises

Off course it won' t get you the 100%, but I am really impressed with its effectiveness
    - covering the essentials of system/admin ground = very outpost like OS reinforcement
    - behavioral analysis and application reinforcement = ThreatFire like, it is problably less sophisticated as TF, but becasue it focusses on threatgates/weakspots is can be effective with less intelligence, even when it is a trimmed down behavioral guard
    - Script heuristics, something like F-secure exploit shield / Web protection heuristics of an AV
    - Application monitoring/control = an easy to use Malware Defender type approach on registry/file/rghts protection

Especically the OS reenforcement and application control/monitoring is very powerfull. Occasionally the behavioral shield kicked in. I beleive ai only had one pop-up of the application reenforcement part. I could not start the web script. Off course I had chaned Rising from silent mode to normal mode. In silent mode Rising AV tries to make decissions for you.

Regards Kees

17. zfactor

so it does or does not have the firewall with the FREE one?? this would be great for a few people i know who want a complete free av suite. they could not use comodo due to them not knowing what to answer to what and if this is at all quieter than that then it may be better for them

18. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Well I watched some Youtube reviews on Rising 2010 (Yeah I know youtube tests are not tests you should rely on but I like to see the Antivirus in action, how the alerts look and things like that :p ) and I have got to say even if the signature database is not the best it's hips shield looks nice. It was able to stop one of the rogues with it's hips shield.

19. raven211

Hehe... ThreatFire has been able to stop all rogues I've tested so far, simply because they're unknown to it and most often create a startup entry. :D

Say Kees, would you run RAV's HIPS-functions together with any of my software or would you even run it alone?

20. ghodgson

ghodgson Registered Member

I have been using Rising AV for a couple of years now and just updated to FreeRAV 2010, it seems to run very quietly in the background and scanned my whole hard drive in 49 minutes, but found 3 FP's which I have reported via their cloud network.
    There doesn't seem to be as many RAV processes running in real time as the 2009 version, just 2 now--

Ravmond.exe using 8 Mb mem, and Rstray.exe using 15 Mb memory.

It seems to have one bug though, that is on the GUI it continually states I need to update when I already have.
    A choice of 3 skins, 'Standard' which is beige coloured, 'Ocean heart' which is light blue and 'Lavender breeze' which is a darker blue as per photos above.

I do miss the black GUI from the 2009 version though, does anybody know If I can download that from anywhere ?

Regards Gordon

21. raven211

Can you also check the I/O of RAV? Is it doing very well in that area as well? After all, that's the most important one...

22. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I have been running in tandem with Prevx, and the I/O of RAV2010 is about half that of Prevx.

It does appear RAV is heading back in the right direction in terms of memory use. I found that ver 2009 was getting bloated, but as someone else mentioned, 2010 is down to two processes. Added up they are normally about 10meg, though sometimes it floats around 30meg.

23. tgell

tgell Registered Member

I installed RISING on an old computer and had the same problem. I could not get it to update. I was on a LUA, so I tried it on an admin account and it updated fine. (using fast user switching) I sent an email to support and they informed me that RISING cannot be updated on a LUA, only if you are running as admin.

24. ghodgson

ghodgson Registered Member

Hi Tgell
    Methinks you misunderstood my problem.
    The programme updates fine, but it doesn't show on the GUI 'tachometer' as having been updated so on audit I always get 'medium' rating. Everything else has a green tick but updates always has a red cross. It also says 'repair-- needs updating' even though it is updated. I have wriiten to Rising about this, so will wait and see what they say.

Gordon

25. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Hows the detection rate of Rising? Is it around the level of Avast!, Avg, Avira, or Panda Cloud?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.