RISING PC Doctor 6.0 offically released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by FrenzyLion, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrenzyLion

FrenzyLion Registered Member

this news was posted on April 15 in Rising's website.
    http://rising-global.com/Information/News-Events/RISING-PC-Doctor-Launched.html

Also,
    I like this security software, and here sharing it with you...
    it is FREE software, most of you will like it.

Hey, i got a quick start option:
    http://rising-global.com/rising_pc_doctor/help/PcDoctor.html

LOL... running Rising PC Doctor offically version product now.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  2. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Re: RISING PC Doctor 6.0

Thanks for the "heads up" about the final release.
    I'm going to have to check it out.:)

3. FrenzyLion

share what you feel about this software.
    for i like it very much...
    but in another thread with its beta version topic, some one seemed do not like it at all...

4. the Tester

I think PC Doctor is designed for the inexperienced user.
    It has some automatic features. I don't care for the Auto Repair OS feature myself. I don't use automatic updates from Microsoft, my preference being to sort through what's available and take new patches after they have been out for at least a week.

There is very little for configuration settings for people like me to tweak.
    The Expert Tools are handy, but some of these tools are available in utility-type programs and other security programs.

I don't think it offers enough to warrant removing anything That I currently use for security.

5. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

I think it might be a little too much for my paid-setup, but it's definitely going as a candidate for my free setup. Me like automatic. :D

6. nomarjr3

nomarjr3 Registered Member

I use it in my workstation, together with Rising FW (ultra-easy to configure :thumb: )

PC Doctor is one of those "install and forget" apps. Simply install it. And voila! Total immunization! :D
    It also auto-updates your PC's needed critical and important hotfixes :thumb:

7. raven211

Wow... actually sounds pretty too good to be true for my taste. :D Who knows, maybe I get so tempted that I've to try it? :D Does it support Windows 7?

8. raven211

Couldn't hold myself from even trying it on my XP OS. :D Find it pretty weird that the default directory it installs to is "\Rising\AntiSpyware". :blink: :p

EDIT: So far I find it just awesome. Not sure about the manual scans for trojans and/or spyware though... :)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  9. raven211

I don't know how great PC Doctor is at keeping an eye on other 3rd party software - updates for vulnerable programs, that's. I'll keep Secunia PSI till I know. I mean, Secunia is still the company behind vulnerability research. :p :D

10. FrenzyLion

:cool: Thank you...

11. FrenzyLion

It does not support Windows 7... I think the designer or the security engineer never considered that Microsoft publish this new operating system so soon.
    :)

12. FrenzyLion

hi, i saw you add RISING pc Doctor in your Win 7 system. How about it works?

13. raven211

Oops... :p The thing is I added it straight away in my sig. since I planned to use it there when running Win7 again, but hearing it's not compatible I will not take the risk. Sorry for any confusion. :D Will remove it from my sig. for Win7 now. :D

14. NoIos

NoIos Registered Member

I've installed it today. Seems ok, no compatibility issues so far with edge, avast and online armor free. I have still to understand some features, had no time.

15. FrenzyLion

I will try it in a VM....
    If i got something, I will share it with you.

16. raven211

Thanks. That would be great as I like the software's operation. :)

17. Fly

Fly Registered Member

I'd like to remind people that Rising illegally tried to put its competitors out of business, I think I read something about bribes to get police framing their competitors.

Just a little thought :D

18. raven211

I don't even know what you're talking about, and it doesn't change how good this program is working. What competitors are you talking about?

19. the Tester

That was posted before when Rising was a hot topic recently.
    Some V.P. or other official from Rising got busted for bribery or something like that. Supposedly the bribe was to make things rough for a Chinese competitor.
    And you are correct, it has nothing to do with Rising's performance.

20. Fly

Fly Registered Member

I'd say it has something to do with if you can trust the vendor, and thus the software.

That it is currently effective as an antimalware application does not mean it will remain to do so, nor does it mean the software/vendor will not exhibit rogue features now or in the future !

For me, that issue is enough to stay away from Rising products.
    (Do you really want to give them your credit card number ? :D )

21. raven211

No, and who would? The product is free incase you didn't know. It still has enough functionality to be effective, automatic protection, and many "Expert Tools" are useful too - most of them infact. So? If it's not effective in the future, noone will use it, so why debate that?

22. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

I have put it on also, it has some nice features in the advanced tools like startup entries review. You can set them manually to trusted to define your base line , Also missed patches features is nice (although it downloads them default in UK/US language, so they won't be installed properly automic, you have to do it manually), some hardening, product is okay, now only the ethics of the management :blink:

23. Fly

Fly Registered Member

A company bribing police to get competitors framed, and yet offering a 'free' product...

'Nothing in life is truly free' or if you prefer 'There is no free lunch'.

24. raven211

Well if you think it would get rogue, which I personally don't, my other security would catch its actions - and it's not going to happen right now. TF Free Edition has all the features that should be there of TF, and you're saying there isn't something "truly free"?

On top of it, there's lots of excellent free software out there that people make as a hobby or something - seriously, I dunno :D - but the point is, the only thing they've is a Donate-button, so that you can choose to show your appreciation. They don't demand it at all - they only give you the choice. SpyBot S&D is a good example. Your post has pretty much no point at all.

25. NoIos

NoIos Registered Member

I don't understand how you connect the bribe and the free software.

Actually there is free lunch and free software too. Rising Pc Doctor's case is obviously an effort to advertise their other products via a freeware. I've seen this thousands times.

Rising PC Doctor has a good set of tools. Getting all these tools free is possible with other freeware software too, but you'll have to install more than five different products to get the same set. So already RPcD is a great deal since you save time and your pc from installing more software.

I use Rising Pc Doctor for some days now and I can say that is excellent. I don't know how good it is to detect spyware...or how online analysis respects my privacy...but the rest of the tools are really cool. It's too early for a final judgement but I have the feeling that this will be a hit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.