Rising PC Doctor 6.0.0.0 Beta

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by PaulBB, Jan 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

It could but it I can not get it kicking in action o_O , that is why I asked Chinese members for explanation

Regards

2. dw2108

dw2108 Registered Member

This Rising app is having problems with BD. But even after turning BD off, the Rising PC Doctor's tray app was using too much ram for no reason: the talk-back with the cloud was diabled, and only trojan and web filters were active.

Dave

3. deadmeat

deadmeat Registered Member

Several of this company's executives were arrested recently and face charges for fraud and corruption. I do not trust anything from Rising. Just check how many times your Rising apps connect to Chinese IP's each day. For what?

4. Kees1958

Finally figured out what it does. Sort of auto run checker. I have manually set all to trusted, so I can see easily what has been added.

The IE plug in works, it protects against buffer overflow and installs straight from IE (choosing install instead of download).

I have removed the tray icon from the startup list since it does nothing.

Cheers

Attached Files:

• 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      107.9 KB
      Views:
  5. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

kees is this similar to what winpatrol plus does?

6. Kees1958

No more like auto run manager (OSAM) with a remember function (no real time protection, but scan only and a dubious in the cloud look up)

7. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

@kees,thanks

8. dw2108

dw2108 Registered Member

Why does Rising "phone home(?)" so often? I've put their ports into my hosts file and switched to NOD32 for the moment until they give me a VERY GOOD answer, if ever. Is Rising now Rougue?

Dave

9. Fly

Fly Registered Member

Wasn't the 'leader' (CEO ?) of Rising convicted for illegally forcing (framing?) competitors out of business ?

Why would you want one of their products on your computer ?

10. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

NO, Rising might have had a scandal, but their software is still useful and NOT rogue...

11. zen_usuario

zen_usuario Registered Member

From my short experience with RISING (7 months), their softwares accomplish the features and performances published by them.

@dw2108
    "RfwSrv.exe" acts than a server and manage all network connections, so you can see what remote IP´s are attempting to connect with you, resolve their address and check security, owner, procedence from it.

What IP's were to try connect with you without your permissions? Have you checked them? For what local IP's, localhost, and ports? I'm just so curious.

By the other hand, chinese connections from a chinese vendor..... its ok for me.
    Rising Cloud Security allows by his own nature some allways connected type. In the fact, this security type feature is a security network, some information are shared, so must be connected for work properly.

They have a privacy disclaimer, are you suggesting they aren't accomplishing it?

Thanks.

zen_usuario

12. zen_usuario

Another screenshots of "Expert Tools":

ProcessManager.jpg
    ProcessManagerWindow.jpg

ServiceManager.jpg
    ServiceManagerWindow.jpg

13. zen_usuario

More:

ConnectedApps.jpg
    ConnectedAppsWindow.jpg

LSP Fix.jpg

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  14. FrenzyLion

FrenzyLion Registered Member

o_O o_O o_O
    Oh man, you can not fix the company manager with the company's product together... it is not sensible...

15. FrenzyLion

@zen_usuario
    it seems that this free software much powerful than other anti-malware software, does it?

16. FrenzyLion

this Rising PC Doctor really requires Internet connection with some of its functions. maybe you can see it designed for users who do not familiar with computer and advanced users both.
    its chinese version is popular in China, it is really a good security tool for users. now, RISING release this English beta version for users around the world. i think it is a good news for each user.
    i have the Rising PC Doctor running with my Rising AV for almost 3 months, everything goes well...:D :D :D

17. FrenzyLion

all, RISING has released the final version. :cool:
    see my thread
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1446423#post1446423

18. zen_usuario

Hi FrenzyLion,
    I don't know finished tests for answer something about this.
    I like a lot some of his "Expert Tools".
    It seems a good "very silent" contender for prevention, more antitrojan than antispyware focused?
    It seems a little bit different than others anti-malware, perhaps more networked community focused with less user actions needed, good compatibility and low resources, but I haven't data of his real effectivity compareing it with others.

19. FrenzyLion

:D :D :D
    Thank you very very very much.
    It is enough for me with the automatical functions.
    I will use it with my RISING AV and FW both. I think this can provide me security defence enough. LOL...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.