Rhapsody 4.0 and Spyware Blaster Issue!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by gate1975mlm, Jun 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gate1975mlm

gate1975mlm Registered Member

Hello for a pretty long time I have been using Rhapsody 4.0 and have always had an issue where there were emtpy spaces in the player where there should be flash images for albums. Well I just found out thanks to someone else that Spyware Blaster is causing the emtpy spaces. And sure enough I disabled spyware Blaster and no more emtpy spaces in Rhapsody 4.0!

Is there anyway Spyware Blaster could be fixed so it does not block these things in Rhapsody 4.0? If not then I may have to stop using Spyware Blaster for good :(

2. gate1975mlm

I am running Windows Vista with Build in firewall,Hardware firewall,Avast Anti Virus,Windows Defender and Spy Bot Search and Destory.

Is Spyware Blaster even really needed anymore?

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

I will run this through some tests myself - in the meantime, could you please try disabling only one part of SpywareBlaster's protection at a time to see if we can narrow down the cause on your system?

(i.e. Enable all protection, and then just disable the Internet Explorer ActiveX protection, then try with just the restricted sites protection disabled - rinse and repeat).

Thanks in advance! :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

4. gate1975mlm

Someone just told me its "Doubleclick!" that Spyware Blaster is blocking. So I did a test and unchecked all the "Doubleclick!" items in Spyware Blaster and now Rhapsody 4.0 works fine with no blank spaces.

So what do I do now? Is "Doubleclick!" really bad? And if so why in the world would Real Networks have it in there software?

5. gate1975mlm

Here is someone from Real Networks support forum reply when I told him about Spyware Blaster blocking Double Click and causing the blank spaces.

a) URLs can't be "spyware".
    b) Rhapsody doesn't use DoubleClick
    c) The Flash slideshows are currently published using DART. DART is used by some companies to traffic ads on the web because it allows companies to show banners (or in our case, slideshows) a finite number of times, or to a specific group of people.

Rhapsody does not spy on users. Rhapsody does have to track all of your plays so we can report to labels, but those are aggregated and not reported individually.

Doubleclick owns DART, which is why the URLs have Doubleclick's name in them.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2007
  6. gate1975mlm

Is there anything yiou can do about this Javacool?

I do not want those emypy spaces.

7. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

You can add any SpywareBlaster database items to the permanent ignore list by simply right-clicking on them and choosing the "Ignore List..." > "Add Item to Ignore List" option.

This will ensure that those items are not re-enabled when you next update the program, or press the "Enable All Protection" button. (If you wish to re-enable protection for them in the future, you will need to remove them from the Permanent Ignore List).

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.