Revo Uninstaller Free Question

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Brandonn2010, Oct 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

Does it work on 64-bit systems? On their site it says only the Pro version has full 64-bit support, yet the program works on my 64-bit computer. So what's up?

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

I think it doesn´t work with the 64-bit part of the Registry.

3. Brandonn2010

Do you think it's still worth using? I'm reinstalling Windows in a bit and I don't want to install an unneeded program on it.

4. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

Free alternatives for x64 include Advanced Uninstaller Free and IObit Uninstaller.

5. Brandonn2010

Is it as good? I don't think I've heard anyone mention it around here, unlike Revo.

6. MrBrian

I don't know if there have been any head-to-head comparisons, but both have been mentioned here before and do find some leftovers.

7. moontan

moontan Registered Member

that's what i've read and experienced as well.

if you think about it, it is pretty hard to make that kind of app foolproof.
    even when your somputer is seemingly doing nothing there's still a lot of stuff than can happen in a millisecond.
    you'd have to have a pretty good AI to separate the wheat from the chaff, so to speak.

these days, i just restore an image to uninstall an app.
    it takes me 3 minutes and 43 seconds and i'm back in business. ;)

8. MrBrian

Actually I did do a brief test of Advanced Uninstaller Free vs IObit Uninstaller. I thought IObit Uninstaller did a better job. Also, if I remember correctly, leftover deletion happens in Advanced Uninstaller Free when pressing the Next button, which I don't care for.

Advanced Uninstaller Free can monitor installations, if you like that sort of thing. IObit Uninstaller doesn't do that.

9. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

I agree,a restored image guarantees 100% removal of any software,however this approach has limitations.

It's great if you just try out an application,then "roll back" to remove it,but if the software was installed some time ago,you'll lose all subsequent systemwide data from the time of imaging (unless you create specific exceptions).Uninstallers still have a useful function IMO.

10. winterlord

winterlord Registered Member

i use revo uninstaller free on my x64 system so yes it works and it works beautifully. it is one of the best programs iv used to take junk out with the uninstalls. as far as how it matches up to other uninstallers well i dont know but it works perfect for me

11. mrpink

mrpink Registered Member

So, don't install it. Both Revo free and Iobit have portable versions. Use Revo for 32bit applications and Iobit for the native 64bit ones

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.